SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech

Old 01-11-2022, 04:33 PM   #1
wild ride
wild ride is on a distinguished road

Default Key fob/ignition lock isssues

Hello. New to the website, new to the Saturn, but longtime performance engine builder.

Having a bit of an issue with the key and key fob. The key will not remove from the ignition unless I jiggle, smack around the shifter lever, bang around the steering wheel, doing all this for about 20 minutes at times to simply get the key removed from the ignition. That is issue number one, and a related issue number two, the key fob reprogramming it. I see on YouTube there is a panel of button switches you push in the second button from the left, and then push the check mark button when you have selected the function feature you want, then push the two key fob buttons to do the programming. Great! Except...there is no buttons in the area of my dashboard, and as I look around the entire dashboard, I do not see any other buttons at all to do this with. It appears nothing has been altered to have removed the buttons I am speaking of, I just purchased the Saturn yesterday and am sorting things out for now. BUT is there some change on the buttons to use for display of functions like programming the key fob, setting tire pressure., etc, that some Saturn Vue's have that others do not have? This is a 2008 with the V-6 engine, just a base model of the Vue. The Fob does not work on the car now, even after new fob battery.
wild ride is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2022, 12:00 AM   #2
Jsmith123
Jsmith123 is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
2001 SC2
Default Re: Key fob/ignition lock isssues

To get the key out, I jiggle the wheel left and right while switching it off and pulling the key out. All one swift motion that becomes muscle memory when you're used to it (lol)

The 2008s need programmed with a tool... dealership will charge $50 to do it
Jsmith123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 01:23 PM   #3
atikovi
Advanced Member
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Might check if the car was part of the ignition switch recall and if it had it done.
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 04:53 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

wild ride, there are many youtube videos with misleading information. You may be the first here following misinformation to 'rub your stomach with one hand while tapping the top of your head with the other hand', searching for mysterious buttons in your Vue that doesn't exist as part of GMs Passlock antitheft security system. There's a simple method to test remotes; standing near your Vue, press Lock and Unlock simultaneously until seeing and hearing the door locks cycle. When this occurs, you verified that remote communicates correctly and resyncs with the body control module where factory Passlock programming resides. If door locks don't cycle then the remote is faulty. The other indicator of Passlock security is the yellow security indicator, car symbol with a large padlock.

Security has four modes; off, blinking, flashing, on. When on, Passlock detected a fault during self tests, disables itself from interfering with everyday starting/driving and turns on security to inform you that Passlock antitheft will not protect against theft, if anyone wants a discontinued model.

Programming GMs Passlock remotes for requires GMs scantool or aftermarket equivalent. I did it with my aftermarket scantool and replacement remotes.
VCX NANO
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 11:14 PM   #5
wild ride
wild ride is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
wild ride, there are many youtube videos with misleading information. You may be the first here following misinformation to 'rub your stomach with one hand while tapping the top of your head with the other hand', searching for mysterious buttons in your Vue that doesn't exist as part of GMs Passlock antitheft security system. There's a simple method to test remotes; standing near your Vue, press Lock and Unlock simultaneously until seeing and hearing the door locks cycle. When this occurs, you verified that remote communicates correctly and resyncs with the body control module where factory Passlock programming resides. If door locks don't cycle then the remote is faulty. The other indicator of Passlock security is the yellow security indicator, car symbol with a large padlock.

Security has four modes; off, blinking, flashing, on. When on, Passlock detected a fault during self tests, disables itself from interfering with everyday starting/driving and turns on security to inform you that Passlock antitheft will not protect against theft, if anyone wants a discontinued model.

Programming GMs Passlock remotes for requires GMs scantool or aftermarket equivalent. I did it with my aftermarket scantool and replacement remotes.
Thanks for this information. I've been busy with having the trans rebuilt, and now alternator alert. I am not thrilled but own this.

There is am engineer whom works at all the car manufacturing companies...his name is Tom...Tom Nightmare!
wild ride is offline   Reply With Quote