SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Mods

Old 02-02-2011, 01:23 AM   #1
TTGLCKYCHRMS
TTGLCKYCHRMS is on a distinguished road

Question wiring help on 2006 v6 vue

Hello, I am new here and i was wondering if i could get some help or advice. I have a 2006 v6 saturn vue and I am wanting to put an amplifier in it and some sub woofers; however, i see no possible way to get wiring from the battery to the back of the car, and i see no clear easy area i could drill at. Has anyone done this? Any suggestions on where to run the wiring? Please help.. Oh P.S. does the stock head unit have aux ports in the back? thanks, And if you have pictures of your car with a wire running from the battery back and know how pictures would be nice too thanks.
TTGLCKYCHRMS is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2011, 01:47 AM   #2
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line
Default Re: wiring help on 2006 v6 vue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTGLCKYCHRMS View Post
Hello, I am new here and i was wondering if i could get some help or advice. I have a 2006 v6 saturn vue and I am wanting to put an amplifier in it and some sub woofers; however, i see no possible way to get wiring from the battery to the back of the car, and i see no clear easy area i could drill at. Has anyone done this? Any suggestions on where to run the wiring? Please help.. Oh P.S. does the stock head unit have aux ports in the back? thanks, And if you have pictures of your car with a wire running from the battery back and know how pictures would be nice too thanks.
If you're asking if there are RCA outputs on the back of the radio, no there's not. And only on a handful (almost none... and really these exceptions were factory installed aftermarket radios) have RCA outputs on the back. You'll need to use a line output converter or your amps will need high level inputs.

There's a grommet in the firewall that you can use, I pulled by oversized 4GA through with no issues, could fit 0GA or larger with ease. A lot of other important wiring goes through there though, and you can seriously mess your car up if you mess that wiring up trying to install it.

Honestly, it really sounds like you should just pay the $100 or so to have a professional install it. Just my opinion as a longtime installer. I've seen people cost themselves a lot more money by trying to do it themselves or have a "friend who knows how" do it, rather than paying a professional.
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
TTGLCKYCHRMS
TTGLCKYCHRMS is on a distinguished road

Default Re: wiring help on 2006 v6 vue

Thanks a lot, and i think i will get it professionaly installed because they will also tune it and make it sound good and it will just be easier thank you
TTGLCKYCHRMS is offline   Reply With Quote