SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 08-16-2022, 02:20 PM   #1
chadthebad
chadthebad is a jewel in the roughchadthebad is a jewel in the roughchadthebad is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Opposite AC Problem than usual

My 2005 VUE has the opposite problem from every AC I've ever had... It blows cold at idle but warm air as I drive. I just got it back from a mechanic that replaced my blower motor resistor, and it still doesn't work. He obviously didn't even test it. I'm not going to take it back to him, however does anyone else have any idea what this could be? It's been a long hot summer.

Edit: I have the 2.2L V4 engine
chadthebad is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2022, 04:43 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Opposite AC Problem than usual

Did the blower run whether or not ac was cold or hot? The blower motor moves air thru the hvac box (hot, cold or mixed). The ac system, when running, produces cold air for the blower motor to force air movement thru the hvac box.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 10:25 PM   #3
Mr Toad
Mr Toad has a spectacular aura aboutMr Toad has a spectacular aura aboutMr Toad has a spectacular aura about

2005 VUE 3.5L

Sounds like a hole somewhere letting warm outside air to be forced in while driving
2005 Saturn Vue
Front Wheel Drive
3.5L V6 Engine
5AT Automatic Transmission
180,000+ miles
Mr Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 10:16 PM   #4
Cavell
Advanced Member
Cavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of light

2003 VUE 3.0L

When stopped, you feel change in vent air volume switching from low speed to hi?
I’d set fan to 2 or 3 at stop. It’s cold. Then accelerate to 20-30-50 and feel for cold air. At some point the air temp starts to get warm?
So, fan speed is ok but compressor is staying off? Or, your evap is cold but blend door is flaky.
The heater core is always hot. The hvac cold-hot dial controls air blend mix
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 04:24 PM   #5
chadthebad
chadthebad is a jewel in the roughchadthebad is a jewel in the roughchadthebad is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L

ok - it's fixed, however I don't know what sensor it was. Took it to a buddy and he pointed at a sensor in white and blue housing under the hood up near the dash. it had one of the wires cut. we fixed that and the ac runs fine now.

Thanks for your help everyone.
chadthebad is offline   Reply With Quote