SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General

Old 06-17-2006, 12:11 AM   #1
hpneon
hpneon is on a distinguished road

Wrench 95 SC2 water in floor on driver side

The car has no sunroof and both the headliner and seats are dry. The water collects under the gas pedal after it rains. There is no sweet smell or color to the water and coolant is topped off. I have no reason to think the heater core is bad. I had a neighbor spray the windshield with a hose while I looked under the carpet at the floor pan. I followed the water trail to the black cover over the heater core and lines. Right above where the heater core lines enter the firewall in the engine bay, there is a flap to drain water and other debris from around the wipers. I'm guessing that this is the source of the problem. Could a clogged evaporator cause water to enter the car when it rains? Is there supposed to be a seal or gasket around the lines where they enter the firewall?
hpneon is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2006, 03:19 PM   #2
dlczrx
dlczrx is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 95 SC2 water in floor on driver side

It only happens when it rains, so you know can rule out other fluids. I would have to suspect that it must be coming in from someplace around the windshield. Try using some clear silicon stuff around areas you think could possibly be leaking - just enough to close any gaps. If it works, great - if not, you won't hardly notice the silicon and can look for a leak elsewhere.
dlczrx is offline   Reply With Quote