saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 05:57 PM   #1
mjollnir79
mjollnir79 is on a distinguished road

Red Face staring prob 96 sl2

on my 96 sl2 with 80,000 miles on it auto tran

when I start my car alot of times the first time I try it won't totally start, the rpm will go up to like 1,400 I think then down to 500 and die(usually when I havent driven the car for a peiod of time, like a half hour or more, it wont do it if I am driving,. park and turn the car off, then start again), but it will always start up the second time but almost die it will go to about 1,800 then down to about 500(or less,at this time car seems to be dyin, oil and battery lights come on for a second) then to around 1,000(idle)also, whats the average in park idle for this car? whats the average rpms wile starting up? Also, sometimes when im in brake at a stop light a hear a somewhat loud bump or growl whgat seems to be under the car, (not WILE im breaking, but wile im at a stop) also vibrates during this time. And on another note all my lights flicker I took my car to saturn for all the problems, they make it sound like theres nothing wrong with my car, which i think is bs, but all the guy did was start my car up and drive for a bit(when he started it, it didn't the first time around like it does with me sometimes) any help?? thanks!

btw stated noticing the startup problem when winter ended (in MN) if that means anything
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2005, 07:35 PM   #2
JerryHughes
Master Member
JerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of light

1997 SL
Default Re: staring prob 96 sl2

You can go to an Autozone store and have them hook the car up to a diagnostic machine for no cost. That should give you a lot of information about what's going wrong with your car. That's where I would start. Good luck.

Jerry
Closed Thread