SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2001, 08:24 PM   #1
Crios
Crios is on a distinguished road

Default I love my Saturn, can some help me mod it?

Hi I'm new to the boards, but I've had my Saturn for nearly 3 years now. I'll be paying it off around Christmas time. I bought it from a member of the family who owns a used car lot, its 93 SC2 with 80K at the time, one owner, and I got it for 4600. I've owned alot of ***** in my days and my Saturn has been sweet,sweet,sweet. The only problem I had was replacing the clutch which cost me a smooth grand (there was a couple of other tiny things in there too), but I mean common, the car was like 6 years old at this point, no car is immortal right?

Any way I had the option of purchasing a new vehicle, possibly a 94 Z28 or using that money to fix up my Saturn. Since I don't like to blend in with the crowd I figured a sooped (how the heck do you spell that lol?) up Saturn would be about as uniqe as it gets. I've loved my car, you have no idea how many times its superb breaking and handling have saved me from a bad wreck with some of the crazy drivers I see in this college town. Now I would like to customize it since I just can't bring myself to get rid of an old friend, and I also just like the body style of the 93 and older. (Pop up lights were always so cool when i was growing up).

Can you guys give me some advice on what to do?

I know a few things I plan to do, I'm going to have a spoiler put on it, and have a new paint job (candy apple red). I'm also getting some 17 1/2 inch Phidipaldi Diablo(more spelling errors) wheels, new tires all the way around, as well as a few touch ups on the inside, like maybe some racing seats since one of my factory seats needs replacing anyway.

As of right now my 93 SC2 has 120k, its a gold color, and is pretty much all factory other than that. Now if you don't mind, I'd like to ask you some questions.

Is it ok to put 17+ inch wheels on my saturn? Tires.com says I can but......I'd rather hear it from the Saturn experts. I really really like the Diablo style wheel at tires.com.

Will I be ok painting my Saturn a different color?

Where can I get a body kit and a dual exhaust for this model?

Does anyone know where to find indiglo gauge thingys for my interior?

What do I need to do about my engine? Right now funds won't permit, but one day I plan for this car to be a supercharged Saturn, although it may be an antique by the time I get the money lol. I know it would need an overhaul before that kind of mods, but do you guys know where I can get a new engine for my car? Also, is there a bigger engine that can be installed in a 93 SC2? I thought I came across a site that had a replacement engine for a Saturn, but I was thinking the engine had more liters or something. Can anyone verify this for me? I can't for the life of me find this site. If you know of any way for me to put a bigger or more powerful engine in my SC2 then please spill the beans!

Also, if you guys could tell me what the best brand of mods for my car is. I know this is a broad question, but say if you've had a certian brand exhaust or tires or some other mod/accessory on your Saturn and you know it rocks then please post it here.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to reply to some/all of this rant, I appreciate it and I'm sorry I spell so bad, I probably came closer to spelling some of those words in Arabic than I did English.
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2001, 09:16 PM   #2
Patrick_97SC2
Advanced Member
Patrick_97SC2 is on a distinguished road

Check out

http://www.saturnracing.com
http://www.spswebpage.com

for performance parts and if you would like some ideas on modifications, check out my site http://www.xtremesaturn.com

There's a bunch of people that I have on my site with mods done to their cars that should be able to help guide you along with your quest.

-Patrick
Old 08-27-2001, 08:08 AM   #3
beasjd

XtremeSaturn is a better forum to ask performance/modding questions.

Old 08-27-2001, 04:20 PM   #4
Crios
Crios is on a distinguished road

Default Thanks guys, I bookmarked xtreme

Xtreme Saturn is an excellent site, I plan to visit it often now that I know about it. I also love those videos of that NOS Sl2 eating peoples ass for lunch lol, I've seen all 3 videos like 10 times.

I'll repost this in the xtreme Saturn forum.
Closed Thread