SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech

Old 07-15-2016, 10:00 PM   #1
javenden
javenden is on a distinguished road

Default Please help I love my Saturn

I have a 2004 Saturn Vue 2.2 5 speed that I am absolutely in love with. The light interior lights would stay on, locks locking and unlocking while I drive, alarm going off for no reason, and her final issue is she acted as if she lost power and started falling on her face while I was driving on the highway. I have removed the BCM and sent it to BBA to be tested and or repaired. I got the call today that the BCM has no faults and in perfect working order. Can someone please point me in the right direction.
javenden is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2016, 11:07 PM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Please help I love my Saturn

Darn - sounds like it should have been BCM ... I've attached diagram with BCM power feeds and ground connections ... it might be worthwhile to wiggle BCM wiring and connectors with key on - and engine on - to see if you can induce any faults.

I'd also reseat all the listed fuses - in Instrument Panel Fuse Block - in case there's a corrosion or flaky connection problem.

There's only one ground connection - G201 is behind kick panel next to seated front passengers right foot ... this can be problem area - especially if your Vue has sunroof with clogged drain.

Give those wires a good visual and cleaning if you see any evidence of corrosion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.2 BCM Pwr & Grnd.jpg (190.1 KB, 12 views)
I visit forum monthly, if at all. Feel free to send private messages if you think I can help. Don't use visitor message as I never check those.
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 12:57 PM   #3
javenden

Well BCM was reinstalled today, she turns over but not getting fuel now. Hubby has pulled every fuse and relay out of the fuse block, and made sure everything is in proper working order. Fuel pump is not engaging and I can not hear the relay click. We are on the hunt for every wiring diagram we can find. I do have a sun roof, and found about a 1/4 inch water in my floor boards, sun roof was closed and sealed. I an going to look into the clogged drain for the sun roof. Call me goofy, but I didn't know there was a drain for the sun roof. I will say all of my problems started in the middle of a huge snow storm.
Old 07-23-2016, 01:00 PM   #4
javenden

Just got an open recall in the mail for a ignition key removal. Does this mean it could be the entire ignition switch?
Old 07-23-2016, 01:30 PM   #5
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

There are two fuse and relay blocks - one underhood and one in IP console (next to front passengers left foot) - the important BCM fuses are in I/P fuse block.

Regarding no start and no fuel pump run condition - I'd start with bypassing a couple of relays but not at same time ...

I'd start by pulling fuel pump relay (underhood box) and putting a jumper wire between sockets mating with relay pins 30 and 87. The fuel pump will run constantly if fuel pump fuse is good. Try to start - if it does you can focus on fuel issue - if it does not - it points toward a fuel and ignition issue.

Restore fuel pump relay to normal and pull ENG MAIN Relay ... jump same sockets - 30 and 87 and check results.

Regarding ignition recall - GM will replace the ignition cylinder - the thing you stick key in but will not replace the ignition switch which is attached to back side of the ignition cylinder. The switch is replaceable but seldom fails.

I'll email whatever diagrams you need - PM an address if interested.
I visit forum monthly, if at all. Feel free to send private messages if you think I can help. Don't use visitor message as I never check those.
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote