SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2021, 09:25 PM   #1
PaulR
PaulR will become famous soon enough

Default Oil in spark plug well

The other weekend I decided to replace my leaking rocker (valve) cover gasket. I just got tired of the objectionable odors emanating from that area from oil being leaked onto the hot engine parts. It got to the point that it reminded me of my Corvair. You see most Corvairs leak oil from the various gaskets and seals unless you have just replaced them all. But that is another story.

Anyways, I removed the ignition coil pack and the valve cover and then found that one of the spark plug wells was almost filled up to the top with oil. It was the third over from the drivers side (as seated in the vehicle). So I just cleaned the oil out of the one spark well, took off the coil pack boot and cleaned all oil out of there and reinstalled the cover and coil pack. Before I was through with this job I repainted all of the rusty valve cover hold down bolts too. Oh they look nice.

Up to this point and currently the car did not display any CEL codes, exhibit any poor performance or poor gas mileage. That sure was a bad leaky gasket though. Here are some pictures, I had a focused of the spark plug well, but only the blurry one loaded.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3250.jpg (125.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3248.jpg (69.8 KB, 29 views)
PaulR

2008 XR3 5 speed, heated seats, leather, premium sound , 18" wheels, center armrest
2008 XE5 5 speed, heated seats, panoramic moonroof
PaulR is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links