SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General

Old 07-19-2021, 10:44 AM   #261
tackepj
tackepj will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE
Default Re: The last Saturn Astra owner.

I agree, parts will be available but just might involve a wider search and additional shipping time.

Windshield is too far gone to repair. Fortunately the crack is nicely hidden behind the rearview mirror, so it's not in my line of sight. Probably why it keep passing inspection.

On a related note, I was at a cheapo auto parts store yesterday picking up an air filter for our minivan and thought I might as well pick one up for the Astra. They didn't even have "Astra" listed in the book!
Former: 2005 L300, 2007 VUE Green Line
Current: 2008 Astra XE
tackepj is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2021, 04:39 PM   #262
White Astra
White Astra is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE

I just want to say even though I never bought an Astra when Saturn was still alive. I am proud to still have my Astra working in great condition and still my daily driver. It still turns heads because to this day there is nothing like besides a GTI. As many have said here before I plan to drive it till it doesn't anymore. I may be late to the party but I am proud of being part of it.
White Astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 02:13 PM   #263
celliott2525
celliott2525 is on a distinguished road

My wife and I bought two brand new in 2009. I still have both. My daughter drove mine until recently and I am now selling it. We are now passing my wife's to our daughter.

Mine has 216K miles and my wife's has 126K.
celliott2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 10:34 AM   #264
Astradriver2020
Astradriver2020 is on a distinguished road

I bought my Astra XE 4 dr hatchback off a car lot last labor day weekend and got a smoking deal on it. Paid total in cash only 3638.63 canadian to be exact,lol. The car was listed for 5995.99 but it was a special going on that weekend so we told the guy consider it sold even before we got to the lot. Which turned out to be a good thing as three other people showed up there wanting to test drive it but he waited for us to arrive first as it was a 2 hr drive from where we lived at the time. It did have minor repairs needed like the passenger side mirror was cracked and the AC needed a recharge so again they knocked off an additional 300.00 on the price. Ordered my own mirror rather than leave it there and bought a couple cans of recharge stuff for it(under 20.00) and did it ourselves. Great car, can't say enough good things about it other than my one headlight wasn't properly sealed when replaced so has condensation in it still.
Astradriver2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:35 PM   #265
velocast
velocast has a spectacular aura aboutvelocast has a spectacular aura aboutvelocast has a spectacular aura about

DMV INSPECTION
I just come back from the two year DMV mandatory car inspection without any problems. Quick! At 150K miles my little Astra is running smooth like it did in the good old days. I can't believe many people with newer cars are sent for a second detailed inspection.
Remember to keep your fluids clean and full, belts, oil under schedule, antifreeze, and let the car warm up....
velocast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:20 AM   #266
Astra08
Astra08 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackepj View Post
I agree, parts will be available but just might involve a wider search and additional shipping time.

Windshield is too far gone to repair. Fortunately the crack is nicely hidden behind the rearview mirror, so it's not in my line of sight. Probably why it keep passing inspection.

On a related note, I was at a cheapo auto parts store yesterday picking up an air filter for our minivan and thought I might as well pick one up for the Astra. They didn't even have "Astra" listed in the book!

Not overly surprising. I've managed to source everything I need from RockAuto, however, if you don't mind waiting a bit.

Fortunately, they carry a pretty good selection of stuff for the Astra.
Astra08 is offline   Reply With Quote