saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods

Old 02-10-2008, 09:37 PM   #1
Nagyfasz
Nagyfasz is on a distinguished road

1998 SW2
2000 SL1
Default Clutch change SL1

The cluch started to slip now on my 2000 SL1 , I am about to change it in the parking land ( this is where I do all my maintanace), anyone has any suggestions about how to get it done without taking the trasmission out and taking the engine out, It can be a lie, but I herd from others who changed the clutch just by somehow departing the transmission few inches from the engine without taking the axles out . Is this possible? ( take it easy on me please, sometimes when you try the impossible you find th easier ways)
Nagyfasz is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2008, 10:35 PM   #2
Squareback
Squareback is a jewel in the roughSquareback is a jewel in the roughSquareback is a jewel in the roughSquareback is a jewel in the rough

2005 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: Clutch change SL1

Neither the engine nor the transmission need to come out of the car to switch out the clutch. The axles, however will need to. You can take out the cradle bolts on the driver's side of the car and push the transmission back far enough to change out the clutch without removing it from the car. Push it back and let it rest on the cradle, change out the clutch and mount it back to the engine. Easily done in a parking lot in an afternoon.
Certified Saturn Technician
Squareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:28 AM   #3
sweetwagon?
sweetwagon? is on a distinguished road

1997 SW2
Default Re: Clutch change SL1

Well, if the clutch is your only concern, then yes, removing the axles and then inspection cover from the driver's side will be necessary. Then the trans can be shimmied into the wheel well far enough to get the clutch off, then the flywheel to be resurfaced. I also heard you're supposed to replace the slave as well, but mine is going 161k strong and 2 trans swaps. If you want to take the transmission OUT of the vehicle, maybe to get that pin welded, PM me and I'll get a step by step to ya as I THINK I am the only one to ever remove it from the top.
That's right, all the way down to the poopsack... What, you guys don't all have poopsacks?.... DAMMIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOPSACK!!!
sweetwagon? is offline   Reply With Quote