SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 10-15-2021, 05:08 PM   #1
Mills
Mills is on a distinguished road

Default '05 Vue Radio - power but no sound

I have a 2005 base model Vue with the 2.2L engine and 5spd. The radio worked for a day after I bought but now the sound is going in and out. The clock works, lights work, it indicates it is locked onto a station and the Stereo icon comes on but no sound. I have taken all the fuses out and checked them and they are good. I have validated 12 VDC power coming into and going out of each fuse. I have validated the Orange and Yellow power wires are supplying power to the radio. I have swapped the radio out for two different radio models from the local junk yard which worked in the vehicles they were pulled from and still nothing. What is keeping the power from getting to the speakers to make them work?
Model # on the radio is 15219738
Ref # CQ-JG1467Z
Serial # 181663
Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2021, 06:13 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: '05 Vue Radio - power but no sound

Is there a separate amp buried somewhere under the front dash area? Try following the speaker wiring from the radio. Some Saturn models like L300's have seven speakers (one in each door, two tweeters in front and one rear subwoofer) all powered by a separate factory amp from the combo AM/FM/cassette/CD unit. The amp should have its own fused power wiring, perhaps switched by the radio.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 01:51 PM   #3
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: '05 Vue Radio - power but no sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mills View Post
I have a 2005 base model Vue with the 2.2L engine and 5spd. The radio worked for a day after I bought but now the sound is going in and out. The clock works, lights work, it indicates it is locked onto a station and the Stereo icon comes on but no sound. I have taken all the fuses out and checked them and they are good. I have validated 12 VDC power coming into and going out of each fuse. I have validated the Orange and Yellow power wires are supplying power to the radio. I have swapped the radio out for two different radio models from the local junk yard which worked in the vehicles they were pulled from and still nothing. What is keeping the power from getting to the speakers to make them work?
Model # on the radio is 15219738
Ref # CQ-JG1467Z
Serial # 181663
This is a signature symptom of a short in one of the speaker circuits. One of the speaker circuits is probably shorted and throwing the radio's internal amp into protect mode. You need to find the short and repair as necessary. I would remove the radio, disconnect the plug (in this case, the large connector, not the small, short harness between the radio and the vehicle's connector), and test the resistance between each speaker's (+) and (-) leads and the resistance to ground for each of those wires. This will help you narrow down where the short is first rather than just taking everything apart to look for it.

I've linked a wiring diagram below that will tell you which wires in the large connector are the speaker wires (A1-A8) and their colors.

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/att...3&d=1296986523
2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 183K miles *gone*
2007 Chevy Equinox LT 205K miles
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L 74K miles
ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote