SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Green Line

Old 07-04-2021, 06:46 PM   #1
hbelkins
hbelkins is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE Green Line
2003 VUE 2.4L
Default Isolating the 12v system from the 36v system -- is it possible?

I have an issue with something in the 36v hybrid system causing the 12v system not to charge in my 2008 Vue Green Line. (See some of my other posts for details). I thought it was a temperature sensor issue but recently the problem has been manifesting itself immediately after starting the vehicle.

Replacing the 36v battery or the BECM would be prohibitively expensive unless I happen to win the lottery (in which case I'd buy a new vehicle instead of fixing this issue).

Is there a way to isolate the hybrid system so that the alternator charges only the 12v system? I'm perfectly willing to give up the hybrid functionality if it means the vehicle will run OK only on the gasoline engine. If so, what do I disconnect? Something in the hood or something in the back where the battery is?
hbelkins is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2021, 11:06 PM   #2
jets1934a
jets1934a is a jewel in the roughjets1934a is a jewel in the roughjets1934a is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Isolating the 12v system from the 36v system -- is it possible?

this is not exact answer, but....I have an 08 Greenline and I have been having ridiculous problems with the hybrid system with check hybrid system and all sorts of hybrid codes. did some research...what I finally did was I went under the options and turned off the ECO function and when I drive put it on manual and choose gear 4. I have driven 5000 miles in the last 5 months and no codes and no hybrid function. Every time you drive it it has to be driven on M4 but hey..no more headaches.
jets1934a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:59 PM   #3
hbelkins
hbelkins is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE Green Line
2003 VUE 2.4L
Default Re: Isolating the 12v system from the 36v system -- is it possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jets1934a View Post
this is not exact answer, but....I have an 08 Greenline and I have been having ridiculous problems with the hybrid system with check hybrid system and all sorts of hybrid codes. did some research...what I finally did was I went under the options and turned off the ECO function and when I drive put it on manual and choose gear 4. I have driven 5000 miles in the last 5 months and no codes and no hybrid function. Every time you drive it it has to be driven on M4 but hey..no more headaches.
By "turning off the ECO function," do you mean merely using the push button on the dash display to turn off the green ECO light, or is there something else you need to do?

BTW, now, when I start the vehicle, the battery light will immediately come on along with the "Service Hybrid System" message.

All I want to do is isolate the 12v charging system from the 36v hybrid system so the 12v battery will charge. i don't care if the hybrid works or not, as long as I can drive the vehicle and the 12v battery will charge.
hbelkins is offline   Reply With Quote