SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods

Old 01-10-2015, 01:01 PM   #1
boatmoter
boatmoter is on a distinguished road

1993 SL2
Default anyone know where to buy discontinued parts??

Hi all, I want to replace my leaking drip rail seals, but hitting dead ends everywhere I go to buy em.. I already resealed em with silicone but it don't last too long before it leaks,puts spots on my headliner & leaves a puddle in my right rear floorboard, anyone know where to buy new ones??

oh yeah.. I have a 1993 Saturn SL2 4 dr sedan with NO sunroof
boatmoter is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2015, 02:20 PM   #2
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2
Default Re: anyone know where to buy discontinued parts??

Probably not using the right type of silicone. I had to seal around the windshield on a '96 SC2, used what I had on hand...black gasket making stuff, never had another leak.
This stuff, available at any auto-parts store: http://www.all-spec.com/products/821...FRBo7Aod3lUAxA
The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a manual
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:25 PM   #3
VUEmaniac
VUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the rough

1997 SC2
Default Re: anyone know where to buy discontinued parts??

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetchitfido View Post
Probably not using the right type of silicone. I had to seal around the windshield on a '96 SC2, used what I had on hand...black gasket making stuff, never had another leak.
This stuff, available at any auto-parts store: http://www.all-spec.com/products/821...FRBo7Aod3lUAxA
I used roof sealer to do mine. It's that flexible goo they use on roof flashing.
---
Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown. Ask yourself why YOU keep going to the circus.
VUEmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote