SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums


Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2008, 12:56 PM   #1
DrWatt
Junior Member
DrWatt is on a distinguished road
 
DrWatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 13

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default 2008 Vue 4 Cylinder

Just got an email about a service bulletin on the 4 cylinder Vue and Aura.

SERVICE BULLETIN:08-08-04-025 NHTSA ITEM NUMBER:10025124

MFG Bulletin Date: 20080401

Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE

Bulletin Summary: LAT, BAS, ENGINE RUNS ROUGH COLD, MISFIRE, MIL/SES LIGHT ILLUMINATED, DTC'S P0300, P0301, P0303, P0304 (REPLACE ALL FOUR FUEL INJECTORS). MODELS AFFECTED: 2007-2008 SATURN AURA HYBRID, 2008 VUE WITH 2.4L I-4 CYLINDER ENGINE (VIN'S 5

Date added to datbase: 20080711
DrWatt is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2008, 01:43 PM   #2
4littlemonkeys
Member
4littlemonkeys is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 264

2008 VUE 2.4L
Default Re: 2008 Vue 4 Cylinder

I'm not sure if I affected. I have a 4 cylinder 2008 vue. I need to look at the VIN I guess but...

Any idea what we are looking for as far as what isn't working? All that seemed like gibberish to me.

Thanks.

My window sticker says 2.4L 4 CYL DOHC ECOTEC ENGINE
4 PSD AUTO TRANSMISSION

When they say Vin 5 above are they saying the Vin starts with a 5? I start with a 3.

So I'm in the clear?
4littlemonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:42 AM   #3
Hans Gilbranson
Member
Hans Gilbranson is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 96
Default Re: 2008 Vue 4 Cylinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4littlemonkeys View Post
I'm not sure if I affected. I have a 4 cylinder 2008 vue. I need to look at the VIN I guess but...

Any idea what we are looking for as far as what isn't working? All that seemed like gibberish to me.

Thanks.

My window sticker says 2.4L 4 CYL DOHC ECOTEC ENGINE
4 PSD AUTO TRANSMISSION

When they say Vin 5 above are they saying the Vin starts with a 5? I start with a 3.

So I'm in the clear?
The 3 means it was assembled in Mexico. I have no clue what the 5 means.
Hans Gilbranson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:43 PM   #4
4littlemonkeys
Member
4littlemonkeys is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 264

2008 VUE 2.4L
Default Re: 2008 Vue 4 Cylinder

Oh crap.

Final asse,bly point: Ramos Arizpe, CZ Mexico

So I guess there's a good chance it effects mine. I wonder if I should call or wait for the oil change in 2000 miles.

Thanks.
4littlemonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:55 PM   #5
PortCityShawn
Member
PortCityShawn is on a distinguished road
 
PortCityShawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Posts: 287

2002 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: 2008 Vue 4 Cylinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4littlemonkeys View Post
Oh crap.

Final asse,bly point: Ramos Arizpe, CZ Mexico

So I guess there's a good chance it effects mine. I wonder if I should call or wait for the oil change in 2000 miles.

Thanks.
4littlemonkeys... Congratulations on your new Vue!

I know you're still gunshy from your Relay experience, but if your Vue's running fine & doesn't have the check engine light on, there's no reason to rush right over. Just ask them about it the next time you need to stop by.
...
Shawn

Shawn Beaudoin
eBusiness Manager
Saturn of Portsmouth
Portsmouth, NH
PortCityShawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:14 PM   #6
4littlemonkeys
Member
4littlemonkeys is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 264

2008 VUE 2.4L
Default Re: 2008 Vue 4 Cylinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCityShawn View Post
4littlemonkeys... Congratulations on your new Vue!

I know you're still gunshy from your Relay experience, but if your Vue's running fine & doesn't have the check engine light on, there's no reason to rush right over. Just ask them about it the next time you need to stop by.

Thanks. I'm loving the Vue to be honest although anything smaller then the mini van would have made me happy. Going small made me realize how much I missed a smaller vehicle. So far it's very quiet...something my Relay never was. The brakes are working too.

I'm really hoping this works out. I want it to. I love it so far and I hope that this shows Saturn isn't as crappy as they appeared to be just a few months ago.

Dh told the general manager "Apparently my wife loves you guys more then I hate Saturn" when we were sitting down to sign the papers. I honestly never would have bought another Saturn if it wasn't for the new dealership we switched to.
4littlemonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:41 PM   #7
PortCityShawn
Member
PortCityShawn is on a distinguished road
 
PortCityShawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Posts: 287

2002 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: 2008 Vue 4 Cylinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4littlemonkeys View Post
Thanks. I'm loving the Vue to be honest although anything smaller then the mini van would have made me happy. Going small made me realize how much I missed a smaller vehicle. So far it's very quiet...something my Relay never was. The brakes are working too.

I'm really hoping this works out. I want it to. I love it so far and I hope that this shows Saturn isn't as crappy as they appeared to be just a few months ago.

Dh told the general manager "Apparently my wife loves you guys more then I hate Saturn" when we were sitting down to sign the papers. I honestly never would have bought another Saturn if it wasn't for the new dealership we switched to.
I'm sure you'll love your new Vue & thanks for giving us another chance after your unruly Relay...
...
Shawn

Shawn Beaudoin
eBusiness Manager
Saturn of Portsmouth
Portsmouth, NH
PortCityShawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will 2008 Vue bucket seats fit in a 2005 Vue? fireman591 Vue General 0 07-08-2009 10:10 PM
Four cylinder XR Vue? BagaJellyDonuts 2008 Vue 28 10-19-2008 09:38 PM
2007 VUE versus 2008 VUE 2NDSOUT Vue General 14 10-15-2007 07:11 PM
2008 Vue cam 2008 Vue 1 05-17-2007 08:47 AM
2008 Vue spencerb Suggestion Box 2 10-18-2006 05:00 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:16 PM.

Advanced Forum Search | Advanced Photo Search


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SaturnFans.com. The Saturn Enthusiasts Site.