SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General

Old 07-29-2021, 09:46 PM   #1
Deeptartan
Deeptartan is on a distinguished road

Default P0351 07 Ion 2.2l

Car was running fine then got up to go to work and it wouldn't stay running. It starts and runs for a few seconds and dies. Randomly starts and runs fine for a few minutes. I can't find any chaffing or corrosion on the wires. Changed the coil but still getting P0351
Deeptartan is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2021, 04:41 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: P0351 07 Ion 2.2l

Can you list background history of this car? Mileage, maintenance performed parts replaced, modifications done to electronics, engine, xmission, suspension? More info helps paint a picture for anyone not standing next to your car with zero perspective of your situation.

Replacing parts is easy. Figuring out parts replacement didn't fix the problem is a little more difficult.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 03:12 PM   #3
Deeptartan
Deeptartan is on a distinguished road

I've only had it a couple of months so I don't know how well it's been maintained. It has 164,000 miles was wrecked in the front but no frame damage radiator was busted and the front bumper was torn off. There is water intrusion in the trunk from the seal being dry rotted. No corrosion that I can see. I drove the car on a 3 hour drive the day before it started acting up but didn't have any problems. I am now getting P0352, P0353, and P0354. I replaced the battery when I bought the car. It starts fine when it's cool outside but the hotter it is the worse it seems to run.
Deeptartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 05:05 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Here's an explanation from a search for P0351; P0351 is a generic OBD II trouble code, which means that it means the same thing for the Saturn Ion as it would any other vehicle. It indicates that ignition coil A is malfunctioning. It is typically caused by a bad coil pack or wiring harness issue, although there can be other causes as well.

P0351; https://www.obd-codes.com/p0351
P0352; https://www.obd-codes.com/p0352
P0353; https://www.obd-codes.com/p0353
P0354; https://www.obd-codes.com/p0354
VCX NANO
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote