View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 06:36 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: AC compressor, DCV11A to DCV14G swapout possible ?

Far from being an expert, the S-series variable displacement compressors are basically all the same to serve the same interior cabin volume and possibly wagons. This would be one way to determine overall compatibility. The VDC is a bit strange but works as I have one in my L300 V6. The castings may be different to suit mounting in different GM engines and maybe different displacement (rockauto might have specs). When new, my car would freeze on hot/humid days on the turnpike after spending time outdoors. I would stop in the nearest turnpike rest stop, take a bird bath to wash off sweat and feel refreshed while cruising the next hour and a half or more on the way home. Sipping southern style unsweetened iced tea with lemon wedges to stay awake.

Your search made you aware of the O-ring or flat seal suction ports of the two compressors. If you perform this repair yourself, take the time to do it right without any short cuts, use the correct oil replenishment, use all new O-rings lubed with mineral oil (only), no lube on flat seals, ensure all fittings are clean and free of corrosion preventing a pressure proof seal then evacuate the system. Once evacuated and vacuum pump shut off, gauge valves closed, observe for leak back of atmospheric pressure seeping back into this evacuated system. If zero leak back after 15-30 minutes, go ahead and refill with refrigerant. Hopefully you restore full factory ac function, the target of every ac repair.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote