View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 08:30 PM   #8
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: L300 Annoying Hiss When Listening to the Radio or CD Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkfood View Post
There seems to be some confusion over what is "Premium" and what is standard. My "Head" unit is the standard which came with the L300, which is the Radio/Cassette/CD model. The "Premium" unit is the system with the six CD changer and subwofer in the trunk. Does this change any of your replies to my issue?
Yes, it does. I must say that in your earlier posts it seemed odd to me that your sound system was the CD/Radio. My recollection of the stereo units was that the LS2/L300's all had the CD/Cassette/Radio, but I thought that it might have been possible that you had something different. Now that we know the correct stereo present in your car then you definitely have the amplifier there along with the subwoofer. The CD Changer in the trunk was an option available for the premium sound system, at least in M.Y. 2000. The premium sound system lower door speakers have larger magnets than the standard lower door speakers so that they can handle the greater amplifier output. The front door lower speakers also had a stronger cone material. (The premium sound system would have been an optional upgrade in an LS1 if I'd wanted to pay for it back in the day.)

The amplifier is located above and to the left of the brake pedal arm. You need to remove the cover (black) beneath the dash and perhaps the lower air ducting to see it. As for the source of the hissing, I have nothing to add to what has already been written.
382K miles (engine replaced @ 375K).
Biden/Harris predictions, '21 -'25: weak economy; weaker military; more terrorism; emboldened RED CHINA. Sadly, B & H are proving me correct.
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote