Old 01-05-2014, 04:47 PM   #10
vikasevan
vikasevan has a spectacular aura aboutvikasevan has a spectacular aura about

2001 SL2
2004 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 1998 saturn sc2 ...ABS light stays on

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetchitfido View Post
So it stays on, after starting the engine and you haven't moved yet? To me, that eliminates the wheel sensors (they're only for ABS and TC, the speed sensor is in/on the transmission) as a possibility.

Removing the fuse's would only result in the ABS light coming on because it's not working.
Leaves the ABS control module under the dash and the module that's attached to the master cylinder. If nothing's unplugged/loose going into the one on the MC then I'd take the dash cover off and wiggle the control module & related wiring.
Yes it stays on either without moving a single inch(parked) or while moving so you said it eliminates wheel sensors .....but what about speed sensor which is on transmission...any problem with speed sensor (vss) can cause this abs light staying on(I dont think so but making sure).

I will check those two modules and let you know...is it common for these modules to go bad or just wiring related to it?

also what about rear wheel sensors(they are not easy to see or clean) but can those sensors could cause this light to stay on?
vikasevan is offline   Reply With Quote