View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #16
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: Diff pin went, put JY transmission in, only have park and neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bealson Wheels View Post
I checked the fuse, was good. I checked the resistance in the plug. I got a .56 and continuity sounded when I tested. I hope it's just the solenoid. I don't want to have to take trans out again. ::CROSSES FINGERS:: VB is not hard to R&R.
Check your range switch setting on the ohmmeter, 4.5 to 5.5 ohms is the nominal resistance of the solenoid. Check resistance at the connector on the trans pins E and K, and not at the plug/cable. http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/sho...hp?photo=52369

If this is where you checked and the resistance was actually 5.6 ohms the solenoid is good, then refer to the charts above.

If not a solenoid that would point at an internal VB problem.
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote