View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 05:18 PM   #5
NewBlueVue
NewBlueVue will become famous soon enough

2007 VUE 3.5L
Information Re: Debonged with a Home Depot cold'ish air intake

Hello all,

Not really a big update, just a tiny addition. I have a cd player phone mount that keeps my phone positioned out of my main sight of the road. Unfortunately, the stock shifter always bumps my phone shifting up and down the prindle. When I'm in park the combination completely blocks my temp dial. So, after very little research, I settled on the shift knob out of a later Cadillac SRX. The wood grain doesn't match and I don't really care because it's all going to get painted eventually anyway. The only modification needed was drilling out the center hole to allow the linkage shaft to be actuated by the button. To remove you just need a plastic prybar or flathead to pop down the bottom chrome piece. After that it's a torx set screw to pop off the knob. To disassemble the SRX knob just take your pry tool to the leather sides to pop them outwards and then the wood trim piece rolls upwards. There's a plastic cylinder inside that will fall out when you pull the chrome button back. Looking downward you will see the hole that needs to be enlarged. Both knobs used a different set screw so make sure to have a myriad of torx bits on hand.

If you have any questions please let me know. Thanks for reading.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resized_20211122_170755.jpg (145.8 KB, 18 views)
NewBlueVue is offline   Reply With Quote