View Single Post
Old 08-19-2022, 06:43 PM   #10
Signmaster
Master Member
Signmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to behold

1995 SL1
Default Re: 2001 SC2 lilting while turning at 40ish and above

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikbarrett85 View Post
I guess I just meant steering system not the column. It could be the steering shaft, maybe in combination w struts. But based on the sound and how it responds, reading about steering shaft failure sounds like part of what I'm experiencing. The tilt could be something different, the only 2 areas that couldn't be fully checked were the steering systems from the column until you get to all the rods n arms etc etc, and the struts. Everything else is exactly as one would expect
From the sounds of things, what couldn't be fully checked is really what needs to be checked.

I agree with Billr that the tilting is likely caused by stut, sway bar, or knuckle problems. Check closely for a broken strut sping as well as the mounts while you're in there.

If that seems to check out, remove the tie rod ends from the knuckle and then check function of both the column and rack assembly when not attached to the hub/knuckle of the wheel. The same process frees up the wheel side to check for binding or problems in that area.

This video will show what to do so the checks can be made. Just don't disconnect the rack unless it's proven to be the problem.

Another great Richpin video
Alordofchaos is worthy and hides in shadows only to hone his S Series knowledge ninja skills. Swift, silent, trustworthy.
Signmaster is offline   Reply With Quote