View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 01:47 AM   #27
billr
Master Member
billr is a splendid one to beholdbillr is a splendid one to beholdbillr is a splendid one to beholdbillr is a splendid one to beholdbillr is a splendid one to beholdbillr is a splendid one to beholdbillr is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: specifics on compression testing, P0301

I can't rely on your results of reply #16 until you answer my question of #17: was that cranking (for 16) continuous, not interrupted like before?

If the cranking was continuous for each compression test, then it doesn't seem likely compression is the issue; although there may still be a problem with exhaust valves. Compression can be fine, even if exhaust valves are not opening. That is pretty rare, though, so let's get back to the easier (and more likely) stuff first.

Swap around the injectors and coils, and check plug gap. You can not assume plug gap (or anything else) is OK just because the plugs are new. Our modern retail policy of "anything is returnable" ensures nothing is sure to be really new.

How about those plug wires? I would like to see the routing, but how about the condition? If they look at all old, I would replace them. It is pretty hard to tell if a plug wire is breaking down intermittently or only under certain operating conditions.
billr is offline   Reply With Quote