Thread: Spammers again
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 09:31 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Spammers again

New members can post as many times with the same privileges as you and I. The best way to handle spam is never replying in their thread as all this does is boost them to the top of that forum list. Simply do as you, I and several others here do - click on the offenders exclamation box to open a complaint page and simply type 'spam' then submit. Silent reporting denies these offenders posts by eventually ending up at the bottom of 'unread' threads. Yes, I've encountered the same time outs when attempting to report several offenders. I believe it's done to reduce nuisance reporting if it's not genuine. Being patient and reporting another offender usually means good intentions and ultimately Charlie's discretion to determine genuine from false reports.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote