View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 07:55 PM   #6
Steve44
Steve44 is just really niceSteve44 is just really niceSteve44 is just really niceSteve44 is just really nice

1999 SL1
1999 SL2
Default Re: Small transmission fluid leak from radiator transmission cooler line

I changed my Rad and Trans Fluid and Engine Oil 6 weeks ago. A week before, I started soaking the trans lines with PB blaster. Top one, easy, no problem. Bottom one broke. The garage where my tools and compressor is 1-1/2 hours away (friends place, long story) and I was screwed, as there was nobody around, and the nearest place was 20 minutes away, and as the house is in Podunk, the chances of them having a lower trans line was Slim and None. Slim just jumped on his ATV and took off, BTW. I mickey moused an air fitting that the thread was close, and clamped a rubber hose to it, and the part of the existing line that was still OK. I went up and changed the Oil again this week( I do a lot of miles), and noticed a wet spot at the bottom of the rad underneath the lower cooling line. No Drip, just a little wet. Checked the fluid once it was back on the ground, and it showed right full. Drove for 45 minutes, checked it again, and it was just a hair above full. I know I have to replace the line, but it's held great for 5000kms, so I'll wait until the spring. It's already Cold here in the Great White North.
Steve44 is offline   Reply With Quote