View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 12:18 AM   #2136
ehunter
ehunter has a spectacular aura aboutehunter has a spectacular aura about

Location: Pacifica by San Francisco – 5sp – Original engine rebuild as documented by this site @ 177K due to high oil consumption. Mpgs back to 40+. Car runs smooth, like a top. Now at 220k. Successful rebuild !

1996 SL2
Default Re: Saturn Craigslist Deal of the Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
I just wish there was some way to stop the vibration in the cabin. I have 3 saturns currently, a 1992, 1997, and a 2001, all SC2 and i have bought the real saturn branded mounts and the interiors still vibrate to beat hell, especially at start up when its cold out..I have a hard time these things vibrated this bad from new, but when you replace the mounts on several different cars and it still doesnt stop it, they couldnt have been too good from the start..
Don't overlook the contribution of the compression measurements for each cylinder.

New motor mounts wont knock out the jumbling/shaking of your running engine if there is a reasonable power imbalance between the cylinders. The imbalance can make the motor jerk, rock/shake. My car used to be that way before my rebuild. The rebuild put my compression measurements all exactly the same and now when the car is running you would never know it.
ehunter is online now   Reply With Quote