View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 11:58 AM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 07 Ion 2 Driver's Side Auto Door Lock Issue

I have cc and an led turns on, on the power button when pressed to tell me cc is enabled or at least power is supposed to be connected to the cc circuit. Pressing any other cc button either verifies cc operation or not. The car must be above a minimum speed (15 mph? ) before cc allows operation. Checking fuse and switch eliminates several easy steps that should have solved this problem. Did you check for actual power on the fused connection? Ignition must be turned on to check cc fused power. Presuming no major repairs were made in and around the steering wheel controls and wiring associated with steering wheel controls or other areas of wiring, leaves the cc electronics. I'm guessing the ecm has the cc program. I tend to lean on ECMs rarely failing when external wiring and sensors fail to send signals to the ecm. The ecm is only as good as the weakest wiring connection or sensor to trip it into partial failure. The ecm will not allow cc operation if the brake or park switch failed or engine problems exist. Cc must have an engine running free of problems and at speeds free of interference for cc to operate at selected speed setting. Here's where service manuals help with diagrams and descriptions to allow better troubleshooting. Unfortunately, I do not have access to online services providing service manuals otherwise it would just be a matter of looking up cc operation, drawings, diagrams, wiring and sensors used to 'see' what may fail and connect your descriptions of repairs to attempt narrowing down where the problem may lie.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote