View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 11:23 AM   #5
Bkardell
Bkardell has a spectacular aura aboutBkardell has a spectacular aura aboutBkardell has a spectacular aura about

2001 SL1
Default Re: 2002 Saturn SL1 5 Speed

I will definitely keep an eye on it! I have driven about 150 miles so fa and checked the oil this morning and no noticeable change thus far. If it doesn't seem to burn too much, I think I may try an oil change with 5w30 synthetic Mobil 1 as I have heard good things about it! Also, any idea what color coolant should be in there? A little background, the owner before me cracked the old head and oil got into the cooling system. It has since been flushed out multiple times and is pretty clean it seems to me, however I may flush it until its perfect just to make myself feel better about it. Either way, It has green coolant in it now, and I am not sure if that is correct or not? Again, thank you for all the info, it is very much appreciated! As far as burning oil goes, thats really what I am most scared about, as it has higher miles and that's a lot of miles that someone could have mistreated it for. I have read about drilling holes in the pistons but with the fresh rebuild, It seems like taking out the pistons is a big job for an everyday DIY kind of person. Let me know what you think, thanks again!
2001 Saturn SL1 5 Speed, 200,000 miles!
Bkardell is offline   Reply With Quote