View Single Post
Old 05-31-2022, 09:37 PM   #13
d0ugparker
d0ugparker is a jewel in the roughd0ugparker is a jewel in the roughd0ugparker is a jewel in the rough

2001 SL1
Default Re: 2001 SL1 stalls slowing at a light, restarts again later

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Removing the resistor and restoring wiring should allow the 30 minute Passlock relearn procedure as the ignition switch resistor needs to be relearned.
Should, but it's not going into relearn mode. It's running, it's stalling, but SERVICE and SECURITY lights are both on. When I did the 30-minute Passlock relearn two days ago, the SECURITY light... uh... blinked for 30 then stopped three times, the way I expected it to. Both lights being on isn't right.

Quote:
This isn't a crank sensor issue.
Dang! I wish *I* could be that confident that I could say that! ( - ;

Quote:
Perform the three, ten minute relearn procedure with security staying off all three cycles. The three, ten minute ignition cycles resets Passlock with the fourth try learning the resistor value and storing it in BCM memory and allow starting up.
To be clear, when you say "the fourth" you mean the fourth cycle without me adding any, external resistors, correct? The relearn is three reps, plus a fourth. The value read in the previous three gets stored into memory. (Any Star Wars fans out there saying 'may the fourth be with you?')

I'm confidently guessing the resistance value detecting process is instantaneous, but is intentionally extended out to three, ten minute repetitions to create the artificial delay needed to keep thieves away.
d0ugparker is offline   Reply With Quote