View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 06:19 PM   #9
d0ugparker
d0ugparker is a jewel in the roughd0ugparker is a jewel in the roughd0ugparker is a jewel in the rough

2001 SL1
Default Re: 2001 SL1 stalls slowing at a light, restarts again later

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Flashing is the only visual indication that Passlock is actively disabling engine running by disabling injector operation. ON and off are two modes not interfering with engine running. Blinking indicates Passlock is armed and ready to disable injectors if necessary.
Blinking is faster than flashing? Flashing is faster than blinking?

I would never have imagined there being a technical difference between flashing and blinking, but since there is, I have some thinnin' to do. Google search doesn't help. I like how my LED bicycle security light is marketed as having a 2.0hz timing.

Quote:
1) At anytime when the engine randomly shuts off, do you see Passlock security flashing? If no then it's not Passlock causing random engine shutdown.
Hmm... as I recall, no, it was not flashing. So if indeed it was not flashing, it's something else.

Interestingly, td1238 mentioned stalling due to corrosion on the battery cable connection to the fuse block.

During this entire Passlock-related episode, one stall of mine happened when I turned the AC on. I'm thinking sudden, high current draw. Also, I realized that a few months ago I lost all power to the car when the battery terminal needed the tiniest bit of tightening. Now I'm going to disconnect both battery terminals and clean them, then reconnect and proceed. No, I never cleaned them at that time, I only did what I needed to get the car running and get it home, then chose to forget about it.

*sigh*

Quote:
2) Lots and lots of excellent Passlock technical details.
Fortunately, I don't have a remote starter on my vehicle. I need to read those details a few more times to let them sink in. Thank you.

Last edited by d0ugparker; 05-30-2022 at 06:31 PM.
d0ugparker is offline   Reply With Quote