View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #20
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2
Default Re: I love my saturn but

Quote:
Originally Posted by underthehood View Post
The issue here (especially so on this thread) is people post the words "crank", and "turn over" in wrong context.
An engine that is "cranking" or "turning over" means the starter motor when energized is causing the engine to rotate. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by silv01
BTW, If your car wont crnk, it could be the fuel filter. Mine had the same problem, and that was it.
Not picking on you, silv01, just that you happened to be the one who most recently posted on fuel issues.

I can drain every last drop of gas from my car, remove every fuel line, cut my spark plug wires, remove the fuel filter, fuel pump, and gas tank from my car... and the engine in my car will still "crank" - the starter will engage the engine and cause it to rotate, or "turn over" - fuel has nothing to do with an engine "cranking" but without fuel, the engine will not start or run

Quote:
As for people sending you down the path of fuel I don't know why. This will have nothing to do with the starter's inability to rotate the engine. Now IF the engine IS rotating and not STARTING than you could need to chase down fuel or ignition issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody.a.mumford
I will say that I need a jump in order to get her whenever the temp is 1/4 or higher. Usually whenever it's an absolute cold start it will take a couple seconds to start, but it does.
Quote:
So OP you may need to correct your actual description of this issue
So you are saying it will start when jumped? Now, after reading every single post on this thread, I still don't know if your issue is:

1) Engine will crank/turn over but not start on its own, but will start if jumped, or

2) Engine will not crank/turn over, turn key, solenoid clicks but nothing else happens other than the headlights dim (no other sounds, actions, no usual "whir, whir" of the engine rotating but not starting)
I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 151k DD
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote