View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #9
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: I love my saturn but

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody.a.mumford View Post
I didn't replace my positive battery cable... I looked inside the battery part to see if it was corroded and it wasn't. That starter is brand new too. How do I tell if the engine is seized? The battery has been tested like every week too.
Before going for test equipment do this, turn on headlights before attempting to start car and be sure you can see the reflection of the lights in something or get an observer. Now crank engine and watch the lights, do they get dim or go out? If the starter actually cranks the engine that is not what you are looking for you want to be checking the headlights when it does not crank but the solenoid clicks. This could be a bad positive or ground cable but it is 1 or the other or both as long as the starter is good.
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote