View Single Post
Old 12-13-2021, 03:16 AM   #5
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Power Steering Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrbraner View Post
I was hoping for a little more specific information.
The shaft seal is the only that needs replaced.
Was hoping to do it in the car. Without removing the pump.
FWIW, while I was in the automotive business and knew of mechanics who did such jobs they never replaced a p/st pump shaft seal while the pump remained mounted to the engine. I doubt that there's adequate space available under the hood of an L-Series car to use the tools required for performing this repair. The primary problem relates to the removal of the pulley. The length of tool and its operation makes an on car repair impossible, or minimally, implausible. Additionally, one may damage the bracketing during the course of such work. But who knows? Maybe I'm wrong and this job can be done "on the car." (Let the DIYer beware...)
374K miles - Holy canolli!
Biden/Harris predictions, '21 -'25: weak economy; weaker military; more terrorism; emboldened RED CHINA. Sadly, B & H are proving me correct...too bad... now Russia?!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote