View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 07:57 PM   #6
mkaresh
Advanced Member
mkaresh is on a distinguished road

Default Re: TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results - Saturn VUE

Just noticed that I left out the result for the 2004, which does not appear to be accurate. Still, it does suggest that the actual repair rate is probably somewhere between the 2004 result the 2006/2007 results. A larger sample size would clarify this, so I hope more owners can sign up and participate.

Here's the revised post:

The latest TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results have been posted. These are for the year ending September 30, 2007.

For the 2004 Saturn VUE, I have an average of 2.6 months of data on 17 cars. The stat of 53 successful repair trips per 100 vehicles per year (0.5 per vehicle) is better than average for a 2004 model.

For the 2006 Saturn VUE, I have an average of 5.4 months of data on 17 cars. The stat of 105 successful repair trips per 100 vehicles per year (1.1 per vehicle) is worse than average for a 2006 model.

For the 2007 Saturn VUE, I have an average of 3.8 months of data on 18 cars. The stat of 106 successful repair trips per 100 vehicles per year (1.1 per vehicle) is worse than average for a 2007 model.

All three sample sizes are insufficient, so the results are asterisked. The 2006 and 2007 results are nearly identical, while the 2004 result is half as high, suggesting that the 2004 results is inaccurate owing to the small sample size, while the other two are likely more accurate.

Everyone who has been helping out with this research, thanks, these results wouldn't have been possible without you. Those who aren't yet helping out, I hope you'll consider doing so. It would be nice to get rid of those asterisks and include additional model years.

Other results:

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results
truedelta.com -- need more Saturns!
More useful reliability information -- first info on Aura and Outlook
Price comparisons, quick and thorough
mkaresh is offline   Reply With Quote