View Single Post
Old 08-13-2006, 04:31 PM   #1
flannelenamel
flannelenamel is on a distinguished road

Default Loud Knocking Noise

I am new here so bear with me. i have a 95 sc2 with an auto trans. i deliver pizzas for a living and i need to drive fast, however i cant. ironically i cant break the speed limit. the trouble has been my motor mount. it recently broke to pieces and was vibrating to hell to the point where the car was barely drivable (i am a teenager, and do not have a mature respect for cars... if it goes, it goes!). unfortunately, i drove the car with the motor mount going out... a lot. i replaced the motor mount today, everything seemed just fine... until i went on the highway. when i reach around 60-70mph, i hear a LOUD knocking noise from my engine bay that lets off when i slow back down to 60. i put together this, tell me what you think. i concluded that since i let the motor mount go completely out to the point of metal to metal contact, it wore the other 2 transmission mounts out. i would check to see if these are worn, but i have to idea wear they are in that mess of hoses and wires. are there any pics available? i was wondering which mount would go out first or have the most pressure on it, if that is possible to know. i am on a tight budget or i would get a mechanic to look it over. please get back to me asap.

thanks,

matt.
flannelenamel is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links