View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 07:21 PM   #12
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: P065E code coming up again.

You're not alone with ownership likes or dislikes. We all choose what appeals to our interpretation of style, power, single or family use, transporting canoes/bikes/tricycles/skis/snowboards/couches/sheetrock/whatever. From your signature, you were proud enough to point out the pluses, presuming when the car was new. As cars age, problems eventually creeps in, no different from humans aging and eventually seeking more medical help to provide maintenance in hopes of prolonging life. Well, cars require the same attention to details when they age, some more than others and can vary according to base engine or high end power. With sophistication comes complexity and sometimes problems with complex EFI systems.

I have a dual runner setup (stock) for the 3.0L V6 engine using a long and short intake runner controlled by a vacuum valve on the exterior of the intake manifold. The vacuum operated valve moves a valve inside the intake manifold to select either normal or long intake runners according to pedal position. Sometimes when I floor the pedal I hear a throaty sound as power is applied while normal driving doesn't produce this sound. I presume the runner intake valve is called into action depending on how far I press the gas pedal to tell the ecm if I want power or not to enable or disable the intake runner valve. Since mine is located outside, its a replaceable part. Yours being internal may make it irreplaceable when a whole intake manifold is the standard practice to repair this fault. I don't know as I'm not familiar with this intake manifold and whether or not its repairable as a diyer. From a diyers point of view, I feel this problem, if it is the problem, may be worth disassembling to examine it in detail to determine if a repair can be made without resorting to buying the entire intake manifold. Your choice to decide which way to go as well as anyone else with this problem if other repairs doesn't correct the error code.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote