View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 10:21 AM   #9
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2
Default Re: Does a gen3 front bumper cover fit a gen2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietStreet View Post
while I have not seen one arrive in over a year, they did just get in a gen3 2000 SL2 in the same colour
Depending on the condition of the panels and how much time/money you want to spend, you could move over all the panels (hood, trunk lid, front and rear fenders, door panels, lights, everything except roof), converting your body from 2nd gen to 3rd gen.

I'm pretty sure that's been done before, though it is probably cheapest/best to buy a parts car, do the swap, and then sell the parts car

Guessing you are in Canada - maybe somebody has a line on other junkyards you can check? I found matching body parts on a trip to the Detroit area, about 90 miles from where I live.

Another thing you could do if you have lots of spare time - try the swap at the junkyard just for fit. Color does not need to match as you are just seeing what lines up
I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 151k DD
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote