View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 01:18 PM   #13
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2
Default Re: 2002 Saturn SL1 5 Speed

Welcome to saturnfans

You might find this sticky thread in the General forum interesting
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=177672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkardell View Post
In the top of coolant reservoir It definitely appears as if there is an oily film,
Might not be oil, but I don't blame you for being cautious

Quote:
so I will take a day this weekend and go ahead and flush water through the system multiple times and then fill it back up with green 50-50 mix, however to account for water left in the system I will do more like a 60-40 heavier on the coolant side.
If you are doing multiple flushes, you end up with about a quart of straight water in the heater core. If you fill the system with 1 gallon of pure antifreeze (not the premix) and top off with distilled water, you should get the right mix

I'll echo OldNuc and recommend any universal, long-life antifreeze. Changing antifreeze once every 5 years/150k miles is plenty for me
I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 151k DD
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote