View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 11:44 PM   #9
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: My battery is dead overnight

Ok, so what's the voltage, before starting and after? If you cannot answer questions such as this one you are making it difficult for anyone to provide help when insisting the battery isn't the problem. You really don't know the condition of the battery, assuming the battery is being charged. A dead battery acts the same way as you're describing; needing a jump start when the engine will take over after starting and the battery just sits and takes a charge. Unless you can provide measurements of voltages, even a weak battery will produce the very symptoms you're having at this very moment.

BTW, my original 6yr old battery just died in the parking lot when trying to return home from work. 6yrs is what I expected from the original battery in NYC. No more, maybe less and I already knew beforehand that it was time for replacing. My car is an '03 L300 with only 50,000 miles on it. Experience is a very good teacher. Batteries don't last forever. Do you know when a battery dies and the way they die?
VCX NANO
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote