View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 07:30 PM   #27
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Jerky Saturn problem narrowed down to EGR valve. What next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996SL11.9L View Post
bet your LTFT is back to normal instead of -14.

with 160,000 on mine I should do it as well but cant justify it yet.
If I play hard sometimes I will get the 1406 pintle home code. it only happens when I wood it and run it through the gears hard.

The 1401 is expecting to see a rich condition with egr open if it doesn't see it......SES.
I'm sure you mean P0401 (easy to transpose numbers) and I have what may be considered another reason for the egr valve code being separate from the clogged catcon; many here with definite clogged cats have never posted any egr error codes. All have posted the same symptoms; inability to accelerate, poor engine running, fuel starvation, ignition problems, etc.. None posting anything related to the egr valve. Once its determined that a stuffed catcon exists by removing the front O2 sensor, power returns from the temporary alternate exhaust outlet bypassing the normal route. The catcon is replaced.

I too am interested in the new freeze frame data.
VCX NANO
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote