View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 04 V6 shudder/vibration on acceleration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonsaab View Post
The tranny fluid looks new,very clean and redish with no burnt smells. It's Mobile 1 semi synthetic multi purpose including the Z1. I went and changed the plugs, air filter and cleaned the TB a bit. It seems to be better but I will have to take it for a much longer drive. As I said before, I change the tranny fluid often and it seems to be shifting fine. I did a bunch of N, P, N, D changes with the brake on and it seems fine. What about worn engine and tranny mounts? Mine are still the original. Thanks.
Engine and transmission mounts have been known to fail ... they might cause a shudder ... mounts can be inspected by carefully raising engine or transmission with floor jack and big chunks of wood to gt a good look.

Here's general steps from service manual:

Raise engine/transmission/transaxle to relieve tension in the mount.

Observe the mount while raising engine/transmission/transaxle.

Raising the engine/transmission/transaxle removes the weight from the mount.

Replace the mount if it exhibits any of the following conditions:

The hard rubber surface is covered with heat check cracks.

The rubber is separated from the outer metal sleeve of the mount.

The rubber is split through the center of the transmission mount.

The mount is leaking fluid.

The torque converter is one of most common causes of shudder. See the extract for diagnostic information.

You'll also note a few common engine problems are also mentioned.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 3.5 Torque Converter.pdf (24.4 KB, 49 views)
I visit forum monthly, if at all. Feel free to send private messages if you think I can help. Don't use visitor message as I never check those.
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote