View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 07:04 PM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: coolant leak saturn LS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshman View Post
........ Sure as heck I'd go for a drive and the Upper core pipe would have Dexcool on it......... then it runs down the pipe onto the floor . Called the dealer, "$240 for the core , $175 labor " Geeesh .. $400 bucks for a heater core .So I went to Ace hardware ..got the 1 x 3/4 x 1/8 O- ring for $0.59 .. took it apart in less than 30 minute . Fits like the original . Thanks to you guys on the forum . I am $400 to the good ,plus a water pump I didn't need , but replaced anyways as I plan on keeping the car. I mentioned it to the dealer it was an O-ring , and he told me they just sell the whole heater core . Keep up the good work on this forum guys .
Score one for the DIY'er!!

Just a cautionary note; keep your eye on the O-ring/heater/cooant level just in case its a little undersized and/or it decides to let go some day, like in the middle of next winter's snowstorm.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote