View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #8
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Can't seem to fix this car?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck1985 View Post
The Fuel Filter has been replaced, so I guess that means the problem isn't there. I do have a quality code scanner. It gives a MAP sensor reading of about 16-17 inches of mercury. I know that that reading should be around 12 inches of mercury, though I don't know if that tells you anything. As far as the vacuum gauge test, I just got a vacuum gauge, and will be using it tomorrow, time permitting. Hopefully I don't have to tear the engine down again, that would really tick me off. Thank you for your advice/input, I appreciate it.
If you are actually getting a correct reading of 16-17 inches of vacuum then that is a good number. Engine vacuum will vary to a degree on the altitude of where you are, the higher the elevation the lower the vacuum that can be gotten. Your reading is decent. 12 inches would be low at most normal elevations.

Reread your fisrt post.
You say that the fuel pressure readings are all over the place. They certainly should not be. If you got an aftermarket fuel filter it may be worth while getting an OEM one to see if the pressure readings steady out.
You said that you got good pressure results other than at idle. What is the pressure that you are getting that you say is good?
A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote