SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vue Mods (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Delphi Navigation unit in a 2007 Vue? (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101404)

Surovich 06-12-2007 09:53 PM

Delphi Navigation unit in a 2007 Vue?

I've done some searching, but I cant seem to find an answer, So I thought I would ask here :)

Does anyone one if the GM PART #12777838 will work in the 2007 Vue? Its the Delphi Navgation unit, but I cant find anywhere if it can be used in the Vue or not.

Thanks
Scott

cemaxc 06-15-2007 01:23 PM

Re: Delphi Navigation unit in a 2007 Vue?

[QUOTE=Surovich;1074973]I've done some searching, but I cant seem to find an answer, So I thought I would ask here :)

Does anyone one if the GM PART #12777838 will work in the 2007 Vue? Its the Delphi Navgation unit, but I cant find anywhere if it can be used in the Vue or not.

Thanks
Scott[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on what vehicle it comes from. If it is from a Buick Lucerne then, from what I've found, yes. If it is from a Tahoe then... I don't know. You have to make sure though it came from a GM vehicle that would have the new style GM LAN radio, the one with the big nob in the middle. I was looking at doing this to my Vue. Where did you get the Navigation system? All the ebay listings are over $1,000.

Surovich 06-18-2007 08:30 AM

I havent seen one with the knob on it - I searched for delphi navigation and found this one, I also do gm navigation and there a ton, but they all say they require the BOSE system. I could mount it and get a BOSE amp off ebay as well (from a GM truck) - but I think I may just go with the Pioneer Avic-D3 instead.

cemaxc 06-18-2007 12:06 PM

[QUOTE=Surovich;1078467]I havent seen one with the knob on it - I searched for delphi navigation and found this one, I also do gm navigation and there a ton, but they all say they require the BOSE system. I could mount it and get a BOSE amp off ebay as well (from a GM truck) - but I think I may just go with the Pioneer Avic-D3 instead.[/QUOTE]

The one with the knob on it is the factory radio that you should have in your car right now. The year of your vue would depend on what navigation unit you should be looking for. Someone correct me if I am wrong but, the units that require the BOSE system don't really but that is the wiring harness that that unit is used to being connected to. For all that work I would just go with an aftermarket system but if you can get it for the right price then I would go with a factory system for that factory look.

FGCA_XRL 06-19-2007 10:28 PM

Avic D3 is your best bet. Retrofitting a Delphi in is somewhat a pain. I have yet to see the OnStar integrated in as well on the new LAN bus cars.