SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   2008 Vue (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   How to reset the low tire pressure sensor on 2008 saturn vue (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123953)

WillyC 08-11-2008 03:36 PM

How to reset the low tire pressure sensor on 2008 saturn vue

My "low tire pressure sensor" light keeps coming on and I'm trying to find out how to reset it without having to go to the dealer everytime....can anybody out there help me? :)

Thanks!

onefunkar 08-11-2008 04:32 PM

Re: How to reset the low tire pressure sensor on 2008 saturn vue

make sure tires are filled. then turn on ignition. push lock and unlock on the remote until horn chirps. let air out of ft left tire until horn chirps..then ft right, rear right then back left. double chirp means done

WillyC 08-11-2008 05:05 PM

[QUOTE=onefunkar;1298175]make sure tires are filled. then turn on ignition. push lock and unlock on the remote until horn chirps. let air out of ft left tire until horn chirps..then ft right, rear right then back left. double chirp means done[/QUOTE]

I hope that you are joking! :dizzy: Still waiting for my local Saturn dealer to call me back on this.

BobbyP 08-11-2008 05:25 PM

Wow...

I never seen onefunkar joke about things like this...

onefunkar 08-11-2008 05:48 PM

not a joke look in owners manual.

onefunkar 08-11-2008 06:03 PM

just double checked to make sure its the same as sky, aura and outlook and it is.

Bunshaw 08-12-2008 01:29 AM

Confirmed, page 5-64 in Vue Owner's manual under TPMS Sensor Matching Process.

onefunkar actually described it in much simpler terms than the manual. The Owner's manual describes it as an 11 step process. :dizzy:

WillyC 08-12-2008 09:01 AM

I did talk to the dealer late yesterday afternoon and they confirmed what you said. Only difference was that they wanted me to press the on/off buttons on the alarm at the same time. Thanks to all of you for the feedback...I think that I going to cruise this site more often. :yes:

BTW, we love our Vue not what I was looking for initially but now I'm recommending it to all of my friends (all 3 of them! :D ).

4littlemonkeys 08-13-2008 10:26 AM

[QUOTE=onefunkar;1298175]make sure tires are filled. then turn on ignition. push lock and unlock on the remote until horn chirps. let air out of ft left tire until horn chirps..then ft right, rear right then back left. double chirp means done[/QUOTE]

I guess it could be more complicated if they wanted you to do this while standing on your head. ;) I have to laugh at it because one would think they could have come up with something a little less complicated. Maybe some guy was playing a practical joke when he set it up.

Oh well...shouldn't be something I have to do often. Maybe when I have to do it I will do it in the same public place where I reset my compass and then the post office employees can be confirmed I'm nuts.

Kooler King 08-20-2008 06:40 AM

When I had the low tire pressure warning message display, I simple confirmed with a tire gage that it was indeed low, added air to the offending tire, double-checked it with the gage. Then, the warning message went away on its own ... done.

onefunkar 08-20-2008 08:30 AM

if the only problem is low tire pressure your are correct. just fill up the tire its pretty simple. we are seeing more and more cadses where people go to a tire place and i dont know what they do but they somehow manage to screw up the system and it needs to be reset.

thimmaker 08-30-2008 10:22 PM

Iv'e had the left rear go low twice now and just pumping it back up to 31 gets rid of the light. The Chrysler 300 that i had needed a long drawn out process like the Outlook owner above described.

RobertGroh 09-03-2008 12:01 AM

[QUOTE=thimmaker;1307941]Iv'e had the left rear go low twice now and just pumping it back up to 31 gets rid of the light. The Chrysler 300 that i had needed a long drawn out process like the Outlook owner above described.[/QUOTE]

Just a general comment gleaned from 40+ years of owning cars: if you have a tire that is low (tire pressure) then you probably have a problem and should have the tire checked. You can try adding air but if it goes down again then you definitely have a problem and you really, really should have the tire checked and fixed! By the way, I am talking reductions of tire pressure of more than 5 to 8 psi here. Yep, I've been wacked by the 'bad tire' problem a couple of times and now I just don't give it much chance. Low tire pressure (e.g. less than 20 psi) usually means something wrong. I get no thrill out of changing a tire on an interstate!

Bob Groh, Kansas City

tammyack 06-11-2012 08:22 AM

What do you do if you have aftermarket remotes and the stock ones no longer work? I went to Goodyear and they tried to do with my current remotes and it wouldn't work. Any ideas? Thanks! :)