SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2007, 08:36 AM   #1
07Outlook07
07Outlook07 is on a distinguished road

Default Just got my Outlook--LOVE it!!!

I've been reading this forum for a while but feel like I can participate now that I actually OWN an Outlook.

We bought the XR FWD package with the convenience package, enhanced convenience package, advanced audio package, premium trim package (w/ tan leather), and diamond tricoat white paint. It is truly my dream car!

Edited to add: I traded in my 2004 Expedition for this vehicle. It got horrible gas mileage & broke down frequently. Good riddance, Ford!

Last edited by 07Outlook07; 05-17-2007 at 08:42 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 07Outlook07's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 07Outlook07 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
07Outlook07 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2007, 10:07 AM   #2
logbite
logbite is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
Default Re: Just got my Outlook--LOVE it!!!

I'm with you - it feels great, rides like a dream, has fantastic options and looks rugged/classy. Let's go wash it(it IS a little dusty, huh?!). Saturn will even wash it for me as long as I own the Outlook!(once a week for the life of the car!!)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to logbite's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help logbite reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
logbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:15 PM   #3
beach109
Advanced Member
beach109 is on a distinguished road

Sounds terrific! I'm still infatuated by the whole Lambda line, and especially the Outlook after driving a beautiful XR last week, but am so far unsuccessful at getting my mother to do more than just look at one. She drives an '04 Suburban, and the reasons are obvious as far as room, and finally expressed interest in some of these after seeing a few--just not enough so to warrant wanting to start over again with another new payment, for less room overall and not big enough of a gas mileage increase.

On that note, anymore specifics on the comparison of gas sucking of your Expedition vs. the Outlook? I know it's still brand new, but that's of course one of the biggest driving issues right now.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beach109's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beach109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
beach109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:26 PM   #4
likeneverbefore
likeneverbefore will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach109 View Post
Sounds terrific! I'm still infatuated by the whole Lambda line, and especially the Outlook after driving a beautiful XR last week, but am so far unsuccessful at getting my mother to do more than just look at one. She drives an '04 Suburban, and the reasons are obvious as far as room, and finally expressed interest in some of these after seeing a few--just not enough so to warrant wanting to start over again with another new payment, for less room overall and not big enough of a gas mileage increase.

On that note, anymore specifics on the comparison of gas sucking of your Expedition vs. the Outlook? I know it's still brand new, but that's of course one of the biggest driving issues right now.
Outlook sales are really ramping up,
I'm glad to see so many happy owners

At my dealer we are running out of Outlooks, we went from 40 2 months ago to 5 today

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to likeneverbefore's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help likeneverbefore reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
likeneverbefore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:29 PM   #5
Reddog67
Reddog67 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by logbite View Post
I'm with you - it feels great, rides like a dream, has fantastic options and looks rugged/classy. Let's go wash it(it IS a little dusty, huh?!). Saturn will even wash it for me as long as I own the Outlook!(once a week for the life of the car!!)

Will any Saturn dealer was the car, or is that something your specific dealer offers?

Reddog

Focus on where you want to go, not where you have been.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Reddog67's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Reddog67 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Reddog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:49 PM   #6
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member
ThePlainsman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Outlook07 View Post
I've been reading this forum for a while but feel like I can participate now that I actually OWN an Outlook.

We bought the XR FWD package with the convenience package, enhanced convenience package, advanced audio package, premium trim package (w/ tan leather), and diamond tricoat white paint. It is truly my dream car!

Edited to add: I traded in my 2004 Expedition for this vehicle. It got horrible gas mileage & broke down frequently. Good riddance, Ford!
I said Fords suck. Thanks for the verification.

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2008 Acura RDX-Tech, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2002 Nissan Altiima V6, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ThePlainsman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ThePlainsman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ThePlainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:04 AM   #7
machem
machem is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

My Saturn dealer will wash my car whenever I want, too, but I'm kind of a freak about that. I won't even let the kids help me wash the car. I just spent six hours today polishing my wife's car.

Knowing that the dealer was washing my new Outlook as I was waiting for the prep was like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard, over and over and over....

Cheers

2007 XR FWD Ocean Mist
EBSR (Everything but sunroof).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to machem's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help machem reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
machem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:03 PM   #8
07Outlook07

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach109 View Post

I will update on the Outlook's gas mileage at a later date.
My Expedition got around 12 MPG in the city & 16-17 on the highway w/ the AC blowing.

Ultimately, I grew tired of the breakdowns and general unreliability of the Expedition. When I go on vacation, I want to DRIVE to my ultimate destination--not be TOWED there.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help 07Outlook07 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-18-2007, 02:31 PM   #9
logbite
logbite is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

I like to wash mine myself in the summer, but winter washing does not work in Ontario - I'll visit Saturn weekly when it gets cold. This dealer was the first I heard of that washes the cars they sell without a service call first. They said it sells more vehicles if people see clean cars, rather than dirty, so it pays them to do it!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to logbite's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help logbite reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
logbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:41 PM   #10
07Outlook07

Quote:
Originally Posted by logbite View Post
I like to wash mine myself in the summer, but winter washing does not work in Ontario - I'll visit Saturn weekly when it gets cold. This dealer was the first I heard of that washes the cars they sell without a service call first. They said it sells more vehicles if people see clean cars, rather than dirty, so it pays them to do it!
What a great concept--that makes a lot of sense. My local dealership does not offer that program (at least not that I know of).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!