SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2007, 09:06 PM   #1
joebear1@bellso
joebear1@bellso is on a distinguished road

Default bluetooth for outlook

i have installed the parrot 3200 color ,with a quick connect harness and it is awsome,paid installer 90 bucks and with the harness when my lease ends,i can move it to my 2010 outlook in less than one hour

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to joebear1@bellso's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help joebear1@bellso reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
joebear1@bellso is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2007, 11:06 PM   #2
Crowman
Crowman is on a distinguished road

Default Re: bluetooth for outlook

Can you please provide some pictures. Would love to add Bluetooth to Outlook

2007 Outlook XR
Charcoal/Black Leather Interior
Everything but the Nav and AWD
Loving the large CUV!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Crowman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Crowman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Crowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:42 AM   #3
joebear1@bellso

Wrench Re: bluetooth for outlook

i will try a photo soon,the install is done so i can only show where i mounted the screen,which is in the center console between button for power liftgate and stabilty control,i lease so it had to be clean and removable

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help joebear1@bellso reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-26-2007, 06:16 AM   #4
joebear1@bellso

Dizzy Re: bluetooth for outlook

when i got in my outlook this morning i saw thw mistake in placment of the screen ,it is in between the powerliftgate button and pass seat heat button in the space where i used to put my phone,i suugest you use a parrot kit since that is the only kit i know of that will use the outlook speakers,with motorola you have to use the speaker in the kit which stinks.it might be the best money i spent ,since i get many calls in the car,also the quick connect harness made install easy.all onstar functions work fine

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-26-2007, 07:32 AM   #5
Harald
Harald is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

slightly off topic: Anyone using the built-in OnStar phone?

(GM Canada has a somewhat expensive minute-sharing deal with Bell Mobility)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Harald's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Harald reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Harald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:35 AM   #6
MrBiz
MrBiz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald View Post

I have linked my Verizon account with the OnStar. I use it everyday.

Biz

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD
2004 Saturn ION 2
1996 Saturn SL 2
1992 Saturn SL 2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MrBiz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MrBiz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MrBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:45 AM   #7
mchappell
mchappell is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

Does Verizon simply treat this as an additional line (9.99/mo)?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mchappell's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mchappell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mchappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:54 AM   #8
QuinneyZoo1
QuinneyZoo1 is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

Yes they do. I called about it, but I am waiting until I use the rest of my minutes from Onstar. Then I am also going to link my Onstar with my Verizon Wireless account.

2007 Outlook XR AWD
Midnight Blue

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to QuinneyZoo1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help QuinneyZoo1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
QuinneyZoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:58 AM   #9
Gwenzilla
Gwenzilla is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald View Post

I purchased 100 minute$ and even at the reduced "promotional discount" rate it is expen$ive. I have used it occasionally and it works superbly. I was going to add it to my Verizon plan but I understand that if you use the Onstar service that it works over ALL service providers cell systems which pretty much means you'll have reliable cell service no matter where you are with NO roaming charges. If I could get that from Verizon I'd sign up right away! Verizon has great cell coverage but can they match this Onstar service feature?

If they do I'd love to know.

Saturn family stable:
- 2007 Outlook - AKA "Lambchop"
- 2003 Vue
- 2006 Ion

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gwenzilla's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gwenzilla reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gwenzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:23 AM   #10
machem
machem is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

I have Cingular, so linking the car to that is out for me. That being said, I did add 100 mins of time so it's there if I need it.

I think I'm going to try the Parrot3200 myself, hopefully in the next month or so.

Cheers

2007 XR FWD Ocean Mist
EBSR (Everything but sunroof).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to machem's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help machem reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
machem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:06 PM   #11
joebear1@bellso

the onstar hands free phone is to costly,plus who wants two differnt phone numbers,and having to foward cell phone to hands free every time you get in car is crazy,then having to unfoward after gettng out of car is nutz.verizion plan two phones numbers,2000 minutes for109.95 versus my tmobile 3000 minutes for 49.95 no fowarding hassle makes bluetooth sensible.i am super happy with it

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-26-2007, 03:35 PM   #12
MrBiz
MrBiz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenzilla View Post
I purchased 100 minute$ and even at the reduced "promotional discount" rate it is expen$ive. I have used it occasionally and it works superbly. I was going to add it to my Verizon plan but I understand that if you use the Onstar service that it works over ALL service providers cell systems which pretty much means you'll have reliable cell service no matter where you are with NO roaming charges. If I could get that from Verizon I'd sign up right away! Verizon has great cell coverage but can they match this Onstar service feature?

If they do I'd love to know.

OnStar uses the Verizon network. So when you switch to the Verizon plan with OnStar you will have the same coverage. I travel to some very remote places throughout Texas and I've yet to find where I have not had good coverage. I recommend making the switch!

Biz

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD
2004 Saturn ION 2
1996 Saturn SL 2
1992 Saturn SL 2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MrBiz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MrBiz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MrBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:21 PM   #13
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member
ThePlainsman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuinneyZoo1 View Post
Yes they do. I called about it, but I am waiting until I use the rest of my minutes from Onstar. Then I am also going to link my Onstar with my Verizon Wireless account.
Ditto! I got 130 minutes for $14.00 (or $12, I can't remember exactly). It'll take me a year to use 130 minutes, as I rarely make calls from my vehicle and when I do the calls never last more than 2-3 minutes. I make maybe one 2-3 minute call per week. When my minutes run out, some time in 2008, I'll link to my Verizon account.

I have no use for Bluetooth.

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2008 Acura RDX-Tech, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2002 Nissan Altiima V6, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ThePlainsman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ThePlainsman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ThePlainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:00 PM   #14
joebear1
joebear1 is on a distinguished road

If You Only Make 2-3 Mins Of Cell Calls A Week You Dont Need Bluetooth.but For The Rest Of The Us Who Work From The Car The Price Of Hands Free Is Obscene.not Everbody Is Retired

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to joebear1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help joebear1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
joebear1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:18 PM   #15
beach109
Advanced Member
beach109 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebear1 View Post
If You Only Make 2-3 Mins Of Cell Calls A Week You Dont Need Bluetooth.but For The Rest Of The Us Who Work From The Car The Price Of Hands Free Is Obscene.not Everbody Is Retired
Haha, yes, great point especially at the end.

I'll admit to not yet being big on the Bluetooth deal yet, but anymore have really been wanting it, just for the convenience factor. That said, it should ALREADY be in most products standard--really not that costly as an OEM item, if it had been there all along--and hopefully that will be remedied before long.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beach109's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beach109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
beach109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:50 PM   #16
machem
machem is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

The Honda Odyssey doesn't have BT, either, which was the one thing that was killing me about that car. Not having it OEM seems like a huge hassle, but if you are willing to spend a little bit of cash, you can get almost as elegant a solution. Still want the Pioneer AVIC-N3, sometimes, however.

Cheers

2007 XR FWD Ocean Mist
EBSR (Everything but sunroof).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to machem's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help machem reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
machem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:52 AM   #17
Eric
Eric is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
2007 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuinneyZoo1 View Post
...I am waiting until I use the rest of my minutes from Onstar. Then I am also going to link my Onstar with my Verizon Wireless account.
I'll be doing the same... I also purchased the 100 minutes when we first signed on to OnStar last week. I'm with ThePlainsman - it'll take me a year to use up those minutes since I don't expect to use it every day.

We already have two phones on our Verizon Wireless plan. My wife constantly forgets her phone or leaves it off/in her purse. Knowing I can just call (harass) her in the Outlook is a nice thing to know.

I used the hands-free option the other day while driving, and the quality is pretty decent - similar to speaking with OnStar. And the voice dialing is pretty slick - it recognized (with my voice) a speed dial phone number tag my wife had stored (in her voice).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Eric's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Eric reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:05 PM   #18
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member
ThePlainsman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebear1 View Post
Uh...I'm not retired either. I have 5 lines (Family Share Plan) with Verizon. I just don't want my business calls coming through my Outlook speakers (and that thing hanging on my ear is a pain in the ass and I keep losing them) and a 6th line right now on my Verizon account would not make a lot of sense when I have a 130 unused minutes with Onstar.

I only use the Onstar calling for casual 2 minute calls now an then, if I happen to be driving, to ask the wife if I need to stop and pick up a loaf bread or something.

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2008 Acura RDX-Tech, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2002 Nissan Altiima V6, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ThePlainsman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ThePlainsman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ThePlainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:55 PM   #19
Gwenzilla
Gwenzilla is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.5L

I like the Onstar phone mainly because I always miss calls on my regular cell phone because I have my music on SO LOUD when I'm driving that I don't hear it ringing (no I do not keep it close enough to feel it on vibrate either).

Now with the Onstar phone it automatically mutes the stereo when there is an incoming call, so I don't miss any calls now.

Saturn family stable:
- 2007 Outlook - AKA "Lambchop"
- 2003 Vue
- 2006 Ion

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gwenzilla's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gwenzilla reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gwenzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:18 PM   #20
pepsikid
pepsikid is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

Party on Gwenzilla! Keep it loud...

2007 Outlook XR FWD
Red Jewel Tint Coat/Tan Leather
Conv. Pkg. /Enhanced Conv. Pkg
Touring/Trailering/HID
Sunroof(s), Nav w/ CD/DVD Player

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pepsikid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pepsikid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pepsikid is offline   Reply With Quote