SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2007, 02:33 PM   #1
NASl2
NASl2 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-3 Sedan
Default CD PLayer ERROR 1?

Hey just bought an 04' Ion 3, with the MP3 6 CD Sound System. And IM getting an ERROR 1 on the screen. Any help with this? I called the dealership.. they had no clue, other then to bring it in. I dont have my code either.. Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NASl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NASl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NASl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2007, 02:49 PM   #2
migs1974
migs1974 is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: CD PLayer ERROR 1?

does the error show all the time? or is it just when you play a CD? Does the radio work?

poop

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to migs1974's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help migs1974 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
migs1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:49 PM   #3
jignha
jignha is on a distinguished road

I had that happen a few weeks ago . . . Basically what happened was my disc changer "done got broke." The dealership tried to reflash it, blah blah blah, but to no avail.

They had to ship the unit to a factory (or someplace) to get my CDs out and then to reconstruct the head unit. I bet you're having a similar problem.

In the end they had to replace the head unit. They did all the work under warrenty.

2005 Ion Quad Coupe 2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jignha's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jignha reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jignha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:04 PM   #4
tlg
tlg is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jignha View Post
They had to ship the unit to a factory (or someplace) to get my CDs out and then to reconstruct the head unit. I bet you're having a similar problem.
Wow that would suck. Probably a good reason to copy your discs to CD-R's.

2006 Ion Quad Coupe 2.4 5sp manual

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tlg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tlg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:57 PM   #5
NASl2

2004 ION-3 Sedan

The error does show all the time, and no the radio does not work. I called another dealership and they did say it will have to be replaced. Luckly I kept my cd player from my SL2 which fits and works like a charm..Thanks for all the responses.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help NASl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-17-2007, 07:34 AM   #6
jignha
jignha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlg View Post
Wow that would suck. Probably a good reason to copy your discs to CD-R's.
I only had one CD in it at the time, and it was my Wife's. I already have it backed up on my computer (she has it backed up on her laptop), so we can wait for the original to be returned :-)

2005 Ion Quad Coupe 2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jignha's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jignha reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jignha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:39 PM   #7
ssicarman
ssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASl2 View Post
Hey just bought an 04' Ion 3, with the MP3 6 CD Sound System. And IM getting an ERROR 1 on the screen. Any help with this? I called the dealership.. they had no clue, other then to bring it in. I dont have my code either.. Thanks
Accorrding to the service manaul your radio is in 'theft lock down'.

If the radio displays "Err1", "Err2", or "LOCK", then the radio was already in the secure state and is armed with a different code than the one that was entered. Proceed to the appropriate part of this Theft Deterrent section to deactivate the system if deactivation is desired

Your best bet will be to go to a Saturn service department and get them to get you the generic code to unlock the radio. The assumption is that you did not activate the theft deterent feature so you would not know the unlock code.
The service department will need to pull a four digit code number from the radio and phone that in with their info to get the unlock code.
In theory this will get you up and running again.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:08 AM   #8
NASl2

2004 ION-3 Sedan

Awesome, thanks alot. Thats very good news. it kills me to look at that head unit and not have it working. I just got the car and i was pumped about all the features it has. I'll go to the dealer tomorrow and see what will happen. My local dealer said to come it. The other one told me i would need a new radio.. I'll try this first. Thanks again

REWARD EXCELLENCE!