SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Advanced Forum Search | Advanced Photo Search

Old 03-27-2007, 11:32 AM   #1
Snagglepuss
Snagglepuss is on a distinguished road

Default 2003 Saturn Ion Service vehicle light

I just bought a 2003 Saturn ion 2 with 70,000 miles it seem to run well. The problem I have is the service vehicle light is illumated when the car is cold and you turn to the run position.The car doesn't have to be started for the light to come on.When I push the odometer button the light goes away.After I get rid of the light it never comes on when the vehicle is running.The car runs well and have had no problems besides the light.Once the car has been driven and is warm you can turn the car off and back on and the light doesn't return till after the car has been sitting for a while.Any Ideas ?thanks for everyones help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Snagglepuss's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Snagglepuss reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Snagglepuss is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2007, 02:19 PM   #2
teebird
teebird is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2003 Saturn Ion Service vehicle light

Good thread. My car will do this every once in a while and it is not consistent. I believe I was told that only Saturn can diagnose the problems where the service light comes on in the odometer queue. However, the engine light in the dash is OBDII and can be diagnosed by anyone. I haven't been concerned because I think most serious parameters are being monitored by the OBDII sensors and the check engine light will illuminate. We need a Saturn tech!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to teebird's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help teebird reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
teebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
lew2000
lew2000 is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagglepuss View Post
I just bought a 2003 Saturn ion 2 with 70,000 miles it seem to run well. The problem I have is the service vehicle light is illumated when the car is cold and you turn to the run position.The car doesn't have to be started for the light to come on.When I push the odometer button the light goes away.After I get rid of the light it never comes on when the vehicle is running.The car runs well and have had no problems besides the light.Once the car has been driven and is warm you can turn the car off and back on and the light doesn't return till after the car has been sitting for a while.Any Ideas ?thanks for everyones help.
do not use your key fob for a day and always use your key to open and after 24 hrs you will not see a service vehicle light the bcm is active with security system mine does it and ihave tried it several times and it seems to be tied together

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lew2000's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lew2000 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lew2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
sl2cams
sl2cams is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagglepuss View Post
Look in the owners manual page 159, it tells you why the light is on, and it has nothing to do with the keyfob. If you don't have an owners manual it would be a good idea to go on e-bay and buy one. In short your car is telling you it needs the attention of a service technician. Ignore your car and you get what you get.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sl2cams's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sl2cams reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sl2cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:10 PM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant future

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Uhh, did you know that you responded to a 3-1/2 year old thread? It must be the holidays.....................

*The CPS is the heart of the entire EFI system. No cps = dead EFI system*
*There's more to a/c than just a few cans of refrigerant*
*There's more to brakes than just replacing parts*

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:19 PM   #6
sl2cams
sl2cams is on a distinguished road

Dazed Re: 2003 Saturn Ion Service vehicle light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Uhh, did you know that you responded to a 3-1/2 year old thread? It must be the holidays.....................

I responded to a thread that was up front and at the top of the page. I do not look at the dates thinking old threads become dead threads. It must be the site ............

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sl2cams's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sl2cams reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sl2cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #7
fdryer
fdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant future

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Its not the site. This thread never died and the OP never followed up. I think you responded to a newbies posting for the first time that also missed the date when this thread was first posted.........

*The CPS is the heart of the entire EFI system. No cps = dead EFI system*
*There's more to a/c than just a few cans of refrigerant*
*There's more to brakes than just replacing parts*

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #8
mirageman
mirageman is on a distinguished road

old posts and old answers still help those looking for answers to new problems. after all, the car IS a 2003 and we are now in 2011. case point, I just found my answer by reading this exact thread! thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mirageman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mirageman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mirageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #9
chilipepper1327
Advanced Member
chilipepper1327 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirageman View Post
old posts and old answers still help those looking for answers to new problems. after all, the car IS a 2003 and we are now in 2011. case point, I just found my answer by reading this exact thread! thanks!
Of course, I agree with you 100%. If someone wants to drop relevant posts in an old thread, sure go ahead. The whole idea of the forums is a place to share ideas and get some help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chilipepper1327's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chilipepper1327 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chilipepper1327 is offline   Reply With Quote