SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2007, 11:18 AM   #1
MrBiz
MrBiz is on a distinguished road

Default XM Radio Renewal at Half Price

For over 3 years now certain Accura owners have been renewing their XM service for just $77 per year.

There is a good thread on their board discussing this. Here is the link;

http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showt...2&page=1&pp=25

Like I said, I've followed this for a while now and can summarize the years of discussion for you. They say to follow the script exactly. Do not try to modify it. Here is their script.

First... call and make sure they are not going to auto renew you and charge your credit card. Have your radio code and call the customer service number. Tell them you want to let it expire because it's too expensive at full rates.

Then, they might offer you the $77 deal. If so, skip the rest of these steps and take it. If not, hang up after making sure it will not auto renew.

After it cancels, then call in with the script about having gotten a flyer. See the big yellow scan of the flyer posted previously here http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=59

SCRIPT FOLLOWS:

Then call the 1-800-321-7117 number and read the script: "Hello. My subscription to XM Radio has expired but I just got a flyer with a special offer. I would like to take advantage of this offer for $77 for a year.

If they ask for the promotion code, say "zwinback". If they ask for the radio code, give that to them. They WILL ask for it because that's the only way they can turn it on. If you had, in fact, gotten a flyer, it would have your radio code printed on it so have it handy.

Note; I have not tried this yet because my 3 month trial does not expire until May. But you can bet on the fact that I will follow these instructions then!

Biz

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD
2004 Saturn ION 2
1996 Saturn SL 2
1992 Saturn SL 2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MrBiz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MrBiz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MrBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2007, 09:36 PM   #2
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member
ThePlainsman is on a distinguished road

Default Re: XM Radio Renewal at Half Price

Thanks Mr. Biz. I will do the same.

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2008 Acura RDX-Tech, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2002 Nissan Altiima V6, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ThePlainsman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ThePlainsman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ThePlainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:21 AM   #3
hortaja
hortaja is on a distinguished road

Mr Biz

Please keep us updated, if this works its great news. I wanted XM but guily to have another Music Subcription, I currently use and love Rhapsody. Now for just over $6.00 XM is a steal....!!

Jerry

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hortaja's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hortaja reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hortaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:02 AM   #4
mrjones
mrjones is on a distinguished road

Hey newbie here on the site..I've mostly been a lurker in regards to getting updated information on the Outlook. I usually wait a year to purchase a new vehicle coming out, so next year I'll plan to purchase since I've been hearing such good news about this CUV.

Back to question in hand, I actually have an Acura TL and have visited that website stating what to do when renewing or cancelling XM service. I followed those directions after buying a one-year subscription and they offered me the promotional plan of $77 for a year. Just make sure you call before the promotional plan is up so you can try to renew it again.

Good luck

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mrjones's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mrjones reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mrjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:57 PM   #5
MrBiz
MrBiz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjones View Post
Hey newbie here on the site..I've mostly been a lurker in regards to getting updated information on the Outlook. I usually wait a year to purchase a new vehicle coming out, so next year I'll plan to purchase since I've been hearing such good news about this CUV.

Back to question in hand, I actually have an Acura TL and have visited that website stating what to do when renewing or cancelling XM service. I followed those directions after buying a one-year subscription and they offered me the promotional plan of $77 for a year. Just make sure you call before the promotional plan is up so you can try to renew it again.

Good luck

Thanks for the feedback.

Biz

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD
2004 Saturn ION 2
1996 Saturn SL 2
1992 Saturn SL 2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MrBiz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MrBiz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MrBiz is offline   Reply With Quote