SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2007, 12:41 AM   #1
wirespy
wirespy is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XE
Default Looking to purchase the roof rack

We bought an AWD XE without the roof rack yesterday - it was the last Outlook for 350km and next 2-3 weeks... our model didn't come with a roof rack (not the crossbar) and we really want to get one asap. The dealer said there is none available yet but should be coming as a separate accessory soon.

Can anyone confirm if and possibly when these might be available please?

Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wirespy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wirespy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wirespy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2007, 03:25 AM   #2
SaturnSales
SaturnSales is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Looking to purchase the roof rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirespy View Post

We bought an AWD XE without the roof rack yesterday - it was the last Outlook for 350km and next 2-3 weeks... our model didn't come with a roof rack (not the crossbar) and we really want to get one asap. The dealer said there is none available yet but should be coming as a separate accessory soon.

Can anyone confirm if and possibly when these might be available please?

Thanks!
AFAIK the roof rack, much like the VUE is a factory only option. They MIGHT come up with a dealer installed one like they did with the VUE, but I don't know. BTW the dealer installed rack on the VUE is not the nice chrome one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnSales's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnSales reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnSales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:36 PM   #3
wirespy

2007 Outlook XE
Dizzy Re: Looking to purchase the roof rack

This would be very disappointing as the dealer made the sale to us ONLY because he indicated that roof rack could be purchased and installed later (once available) - we wouldn't have bought this model and would have waited for the right Outlook to come into stock if it wasn't possible to get the roof rack...

can anyone else confirm if the roof rack is only a factor install or could it come as an after market item?

Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help wirespy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-16-2007, 09:44 PM   #4
Gwenzilla
Gwenzilla is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.5L

Could you not use the turn back in policy and get one with with the rack? I have heard that if its under so many miles (1000??? maybe) and you haven't had it very long (month?? maybe) you can turn it back in for another. I am sure I heard of this policy here, (or I'm having a truly blonde moment!).

Can anyone with the proper terms pipe in here?

I hope I'm right on this policy. If i'm wrong I apoligize and will go sit in the corner.

Of course you might have to wait awhile for one the way you want it outfitted.

Saturn family stable:
- 2007 Outlook - AKA "Lambchop"
- 2003 Vue
- 2006 Ion

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gwenzilla's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gwenzilla reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gwenzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:21 AM   #5
MrBiz
MrBiz is on a distinguished road

Per the Saturn Website......

"If you are not completely satisfied with your new Saturn, you'll have 30 days or 1,500 miles of delivery, whichever comes first, to exchange it for another 2007 vehicle."

Biz

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD
2004 Saturn ION 2
1996 Saturn SL 2
1992 Saturn SL 2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MrBiz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MrBiz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MrBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:29 AM   #6
MatthewD102
MatthewD102 is on a distinguished road

Just checked with my parts dept. and they confirmed that the Roof rack system is not currently available. Keep in mind, if it's anything like the Vues roof rails it is an extremely expensive dealer installed accessory. Did you have the dealership put the roof rack in the contract as an installed accessory that they owed you? This would help you return the vehicle if the racks are not available.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MatthewD102's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MatthewD102 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MatthewD102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:59 PM   #7
KenSatrun
KenSatrun is on a distinguished road

The roof rack could be installed using service parts, but it's going to be very expensive, and I wouldn't want a dealer dropping the headliner and drilling holes in the roof of my vehicle!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KenSatrun's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KenSatrun reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KenSatrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:54 AM   #8
wirespy

2007 Outlook XE

Thanks for the great feedback guys.

I'm going to inquire about getting a replacement vehicle through the Customer Satisfaction even though I hope not to have to do this.

or..

I'm going to wait for the option to get the rack installed - any idea how mush the Vue roof rack dealer install cost?

or..

I'm going to suck it up and keep it - my wife wants the rack more than I do....

MV

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-19-2007, 10:32 AM   #9
MatthewD102
MatthewD102 is on a distinguished road

Roof racks on the are $150 from the factory but to install one after delivery is expensive. I can't really say how much the dealership will charge because it's up to the dealership you purchased the vehicle from. You'd be better off doing to vehicle exchange but you better hurry, time's running out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MatthewD102's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MatthewD102 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MatthewD102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:24 PM   #10
robertburns3
robertburns3 is on a distinguished road

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

You may be better off getting a Yakima or Thule rack. They are not as pretty, but are MUCH, MUCH stronger if you plan on actually using them to haul stuff. It may also end up being less expensive than the dealer install option.

When I sold Yakima racks I heard many stories of factory roof racks ripping off the tops of cars when loaded with bikes, or other items.

Former Saturn salesperson...love the cars, hated the boss.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to robertburns3's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help robertburns3 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
robertburns3 is offline   Reply With Quote